Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670876 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #9975 on: November 11, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »
It was a great week down at Twin Oaks.  Thanks for the hospitality Pappy.  Seen a few deer, ate good, done some bow work, laughed til I about wet myself.  A typical stay.  Hated to leave Saturday.  Went on the NSA Crane handicap hunt yesterday, my hunter didn't get a shot opportunity but, we saw some deer and had great weather.  Can't wait to get back down there.

David

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9976 on: November 11, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »
Hey Cloverdale Dave did you bring your daughter out? Or were you assigned another hunter to assist?

No wonder I don't see any deer in May, you guys wack em' all! Its hard to believe so many deer come off that farm every year, that's just awesome fawn production.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Big A

« Reply #9977 on: November 11, 2013, 04:43:35 pm »
Only about ten deer will come off the fram the club is at. Most of us hunt differant places. We just bring the deer down to the club for the cooler and to show our buddies. Some hunt as much as 50 miles away or more. Big A

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #9978 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:24 pm »
Thanks for sharing as pics on the computer are as close to the hunting as I will get this year !
Folks all over this wonderful country are having a blast and willing to share with me !
Thanks to all !

First snow here and looks like a good one, so far over an inch in the first hour !
Life is good for sure !!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9979 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:47 pm »
Looks like another great weekend, hated to miss it. Those were some nice deer that weekend, congratulations to all. Looks like I'm heading to Israel in three weeks, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #9980 on: November 12, 2013, 12:18:13 am »
Good going fellas. wish I could be there.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9981 on: November 12, 2013, 05:21:16 am »
You are welcome Dave,thanks for all you did for me while you were there. You are welcome Guy,glad you enjoy and hope things get better for you. Cracker/Greg wished yall could be there also,I know you would have fun for sure. Like BigA said Chris a lot of these deer come from close but not off my farm.I have a lot of deer but it couldn't handle that. ;) :) It is just a good place to come and visit/skin
and bone you deer or use the cooler,we keep the cooler up and running till the weather really cools off so all the guys in the club and some friends use it,I love it cause I get to see lots of deer and a few inner loins usually come my way. ;) ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9982 on: November 12, 2013, 06:01:47 am »
Some nice deer! I keep seein deer but cant get em close enuff.... Is it May yet?  ;D... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Otis

« Reply #9983 on: November 12, 2013, 08:24:57 pm »
Pearlie, my daughter can't hunt. I've been helping out with this hunt for close to twenty years. It's for people that have a medical form filled out by a doctor and approved by our DNR. It is actually legalized poaching cause they get  to shoot from the truck. :)  Then we helpers track, if needed, drag and gut their deer for them.  I hope when I get old and can't get around there are people still doing it so I can get out.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9984 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:04 am »
I will take you out Dave when you to old to do it on your own.  ;) ;D ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #9985 on: November 13, 2013, 01:32:49 pm »
Otis
If you can strap me fast in the back and get me with in 30 ft I think I should be able to get Him !
Sounds fun !!
Keep up the good work !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9986 on: November 13, 2013, 06:56:35 pm »
Pearlie, my daughter can't hunt. I've been helping out with this hunt for close to twenty years. It's for people that have a medical form filled out by a doctor and approved by our DNR. It is actually legalized poaching cause they get  to shoot from the truck. :)  Then we helpers track, if needed, drag and gut their deer for them.  I hope when I get old and can't get around there are people still doing it so I can get out

David

Go ahead and get old bruiser, I got your back. But we ain't shooting from a truck!!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9987 on: November 13, 2013, 07:04:11 pm »
You can go with me, Dave. If you can't hit 'em from the truck we'll get them with the Jeep. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #9988 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:35 pm »
Thanks for all the support BUDDIES.  Most all of the folks on this hunt wouldn't get to hunt if they didn't come to this event.  Some of them can't hardly get around.  It's fun to see them get a deer.  My uncle, who passed away back in March, got one last Nov.  It was the first deer he'd got in a lot of years.

David

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9989 on: November 13, 2013, 09:17:42 pm »
999 pages of replies to the original post stating that "Life is Good".  That is a lot of testimony and evidence to the fact. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.