Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668094 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9990 on: November 14, 2013, 05:46:37 am »
It 666 JW and I want to get off this page that is a bad number. ;) :) :) :) Will killed a nice 168 lb. 10 point yesterday, Osage self bow. I don't have pictures but I bet he does. ;) ;D ;D Nice job Will. Man I thought this was Friday. :(   ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9991 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:59 am »
Here is a picture of Wills buck.  :) Nice deer and got to love the equipement. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9992 on: November 14, 2013, 08:50:44 am »
Nice deer Will!
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #9993 on: November 14, 2013, 10:10:18 am »
Wow!! That is a nice primitive kill for sure.  I wish there were deer in East TN. :'(
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9994 on: November 14, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »
Good work, Will!  Both on the deer and the amazing PatB Memorial Chin Shrubbery.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline CA TRADBOWHUNTER

« Reply #9995 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »
Great Buck Will !!!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9996 on: November 15, 2013, 05:35:57 am »
Well now it's Friday,looking forward to a fun weekend at the cabin,hunting and hope to get in a little bow work in,got a little clean up to do,with the wind the last few day all the leaves that were left are piled and blown under the shop shed so need to get that cleaned up before we burn the place down. This is the time of year in Tennessee for the bigger bucks to be moving so I plan on some long stays in the stand. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also,see ya Monday,with stories I hope. ;) :) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #9997 on: November 15, 2013, 07:51:35 am »
Go get em Pappy!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9998 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:11 am »
Congratulations, Will. And go get a big 7 point, Pappy. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #9999 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:31 am »
Nice deer ya got there Will.Must be a cold winter coming with all those whiskers.I'll lend ya my razor .........I know it's around here somewhere.........Oh well maybe later. 8)
Venice Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10000 on: November 16, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »
Nice deer Will.
 Keep practicing with your beard. It's not bad for a young beard. .  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10001 on: November 17, 2013, 08:23:08 am »
Nice deer Will.
 Keep practicing with your beard. It's not bad for a young beard. .  ;)
LOL Pat... I tried that myself but i just couldnt take it no more... On the bright side, when i shaved it off i found 2 twinkies & my truck keys..  :o.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10002 on: November 18, 2013, 05:30:51 am »
Can't say it was the best weekend I have every had but that's hunting I guess,It was raining Friday so Will and I decided to work on some bow projects,Will is refurbishing a bow for Jon and I am still working on Rocky's Osage.Will has Jon's bow looking good after re working the handle and shortening it a bit and I have Rocky's 50@23 and ready for some tip flipping and finish tillering. Saturday morning I headed out and got a suprise,Beau [my son] showed up to hunt with me.Life has been busy for him this year and we haven't had the time we usually share so it was special to have him with me again.I went to a stand I have seen a
good buck from several times this season but no t shots,  low and behold he showed up about 6:30 but came behind me just feeding along on acorns. I had to turn in my stand and shoot behind me which is not the greatest way for me to shoot. The shot was a little far back,just behind the last rib,he left like a rocket and went out of site about 75 yards into a thicket. I gave him 30 minutes and then slipped out of the woods to give him some time. Beau/Will /BigA and myself went back in about 4 hours later.I have tracked a lot with BigA and Beau and will say they are as good as it gets as far as seeing and reading sign and patents and persistence's,I have only been tracking with Will for a year or 2 but feel he is the same,I only say this to let you know I had a very good crew with me.We tracked the buck for about a mile,the best we could tell he never laid down and never really stopped. All I can figure is he wasn't from there and was headed home and wasn't going to stop till he got there.The blood was slim all the way and a lot was done by tracks alone. At close to dark we spread out and covered several hundred yards in every direction.Very disappointed but feel we done all we could do.  :( Hate to loose a good buck but we all would have put in the same effort for a doe. Rained again Sunday morning so I headed home.Miss Joanie has been sick so I told her I would fill her place in Church,all went normal but at about 1/4 to 12 I head a police car and then an ambulance go by the church,didn't think much about that but when I get home we get a call that Perry Story a 25 years old young man that anyone one that has been around the Club/Cabin will know
got shot.He was raised up with Beau and one of his very best friends.He has spent many many nights at our house,took trips with us and made bows and hunted with us since he was just a very young lad. Haven't seen him much since he got out of school and went to work but still very close to him and his family.
He is in Vandy on life support,they say the shot went through his cheek and cam out in back of his head ,brain damage and severed is spinal column.No hope and will pass as soon as they that the machine,some time today is the plan.Very said
and no one really knows what happened.They think he was showing his gun to his girl friend ,removed the clip and handed it to her,she pulled the trigger with a shell still in the chamber. Man that happend way to often. All guns are loaded in my eyes and can't stress enough to handle them that way. As I said to start ,not the greatest weekend I have every had. Loosing a deer is always tough but then you realize how insignificant it really is is the big scheme of things. I do have  few
picture of some good time mixed in. I got my tree stan that broke the cables repaired,think I will do this to all of them. Sally doing her thing[begging]  ;) :)
Will reworking the handle and taking some weight and length off Jon's bow. My Hanna/Sadie girl bow all sealed up and ready for action again.  :) :) I think it will be fine now.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:12:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10003 on: November 18, 2013, 06:20:11 am »
Beau coming in from the morning hunt. Rocky's bow out to 50@23 and looking very good so far,Still holding 2 inches of reflex and not showing and sign of set so far. Some signs a friend brought me,ya I am a deer mananger  ;) :) I try and manage to get an arrow in them. ;) ;D ;D Then some relaxing Saturday night around the fire with some friends.Chuck checking out some apple pie,He said it was good,I am afraid of that stuff. ;) :) :) Hope yall had a good one sorry for the depressing story's but that's part of life. :)sometimes full of curves and ups and down BUT, Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #10004 on: November 18, 2013, 06:46:02 am »
Sounds like a bittersweet weekend Pappy. Bummer on the deer and real sorry to hear about the family friend.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956