Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671182 times)

Tommy and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10095 on: December 07, 2013, 05:22:55 pm »
Thanks guys. It's been quite a year. I killed #8 this week and did it with a hickory self bow I just finished. Great little shooter. The hickory came from Twin Oaks. I've got another one in the works.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10096 on: December 09, 2013, 05:20:20 am »
What a great weekend,several good friends down to work and visit,not a lot of hunting with the weather,not all that cold but lots of rain and ice so we got to spend a lot of time in the shop and around the fire which is almost as good as hunting to me. Got Rocky's Osage ready to do some short draw shooting,Jon got his Osage out to 23 inches,Will /Chuck and Jimmy got some bows well on the way
also. Here are some pictures of the cold wet fun. Megan and Logan stayed the day Saturday,they got wet and cold but it is good to see kids having fun outside for a change. Jimmy re flexing another Hickory bow,Sally and Jimmy's dog Molly had a big time also ,Sally ant use to have another dog to play with and she took advantage of it,and me doing some repairs on the belt sander,always something broke around that place. ;) :) :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:40:35 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10097 on: December 09, 2013, 05:25:42 am »
Keeping the fire going was a challenge Friday but everyone pitched in and we managed. ;) :) Will showed up and got his Mullberry bow off the form,looking nice so far. Rocky's back to brace after heat treating and flipping the tips. Jon working on some strings and then the ice started coming in Friday evening,it's pretty but nasty to boot. :-\ ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10098 on: December 09, 2013, 05:29:30 am »
Rocky's bow getting some grip and shelf work. Jon still at it. Sally working on some knife handles. ;) ;D ;D Will and Chuck ,trying to figure out who is the tallest. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10099 on: December 09, 2013, 05:34:40 am »
Chuck and Will doing some floor tillering and tip work on Will's new Osage. Jon shooting in his new Osage and fine tuning the tiller. Shelf glued up on Rocky's bow.Sweet Pee and Scott showed up to hang out,good to see her,she has been really busy with school and haven't see her much this fall. :( ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10100 on: December 09, 2013, 05:38:13 am »
Just some hanging out Saturday evening and watching the ice add up.This is what we woke up to Sunday morning.  That's it for this week, Hope yall had a good one also. :) :) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:43:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10101 on: December 09, 2013, 08:06:04 am »
That's it.  I'm selling out and moving to Chapmansboro.  My wife is a teacher, hopefully she can find work while I hang out at Twin Oaks.  You guys just have waaay to much fun!!  Gonna have to get out there for a visit, sure enough.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10102 on: December 10, 2013, 05:16:12 am »
Welcome any time Greg,Snowing here today,first of the year and pretty early for us,strange year for weather so far in Tennessee. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #10103 on: December 10, 2013, 08:16:14 am »
Chuck might have Will there in height >:D

Sally sure is a good looking pup!

Rather have rain or snow than that ice even though it is beautiful to see. Usually means power outage around here.

Thanks for posting!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10104 on: December 10, 2013, 12:11:59 pm »
Whew, looks cold and damp.  Pappy, you know it on the bigger tent.  I'm half way wondering about renting a camper for the event this year.  If not, I'm getting a real nice Cabela's job and putting in good new cots like what Grant had at the top of the hill.  Already looking forward to it.

P.s.  She is doing much, much better.  Still needs to be able to rest and get comfortable still, but she is quickly becoming a different...back to her "old self" person with ever increasing stamina.  Today is our anniversary and she has been happy and excited about getting away together this weekend.  Life is good. ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10105 on: December 10, 2013, 12:30:54 pm »
Happy anniversary Steve and Angie. Which one is this?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10106 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »
That picture of the driveway is beautiful.  And Will's beard is almost to mountain man level.  You could hide an arm guard in that thing. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10107 on: December 10, 2013, 03:22:11 pm »
Happy anniversary Steve and Angie. Which one is this?

Thanks Pat!  We are on 8 years.  Hopefully we've got a LONG way to go!
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10108 on: December 11, 2013, 06:22:58 am »
Happy anniversary Steve/Angie.She needs a award for 8 years with you. ;) :) :)
What a great afternoon I had yesterday, I decided to hunt,the 2nd rut is beginning to kick in, should be in full swing by mid month so I went a the stand up above the cabin by a cut over corn field,about 3:30 had a couple of does come out to brows around about 50 yards from my stand,a few minutes later a nice 8 point came out pushing them around,I watched them for 30 minutes or so,they would get closer and then father away. Finally back in the woods on the other side of the field. Jimmy Blackman texs me and said he was flying and would be over the farm from Ft. Campble about dark,I said cool not thinking about the deer.About 4:30 here came the deer back out,same as before the buck just pushing them around,It was getting close to dark,maybe 15 minutes of shooting light left and I hear the helicopter coming,yes he did a low/tree top fly over. ;D The deer just stopped and watched, well the first and second one they did,the 3rd was all of that they wanted and headed back where they came from,It was very cool to watch their reaction and Jimmy was doing some mighty fine flying. Some might get upset about him running off the deer but I was quite relived because I knew I would be lucky if they pushed by me and it was getting dark,I hate nothing more than to have deer come in right at dark when I can't see well enough to shoot and get hung in the stand till well after dark not wanting to spook them of give away my location. Thank Jimmy for the fly over and getting me out of the tree at a reasonable hour.  ;) Another thing I seen that I have never seen before,One of the big does was feeding and a bird [not sure what kind] would land on her back and just set there as she feed around,just riding along,the doe would look back at the bird and then just go back to feeding,very cool. OK long story but it was a great afternoon to be in the woods. Life is SO good.  ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10109 on: December 11, 2013, 07:49:07 am »
Ah ha!! Now I know how you guys get all those deer!!  "Pappy to Eye in the Sky, come in Eye in the Sky."  "We are in position, I say again, we are in position.  Commense Operation 'Skeer the Deer.'  Pappy out."   :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN