Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4672791 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10245 on: January 09, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »
Clint, the only thing I've seen to run over are sheep and camels. They like to stand in the middle of the around on the back side of curves. I was three hundred yards from Jordan when I took those pictures.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10246 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »
Clint, the only thing I've seen to run over are sheep and camels. They like to stand in the middle of the around on the back side of curves. I was three hundred yards from Jordan when I took those pictures.

I think the internet/Youtube claims there are mermaids in those Israeli waters.  Chip a harpoon with that brown flint and make us proud.  I'm sure Weeki Wachee will reward you handsomely!
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10247 on: January 10, 2014, 06:09:06 am »
Friday and raining ,but I don't even care, I am headed to the cabin early I hope. ;) :) We have the youth hunt this weekend but ant sure how many I will have,only heard from one so far.We also have the TwinOaks squirrel hunt going on,that should be fun.We are doing it earlier this year because it seems in Feb. all
the squirrels are dened up and hard to hunt,if it is anything like last week we should kill a bunch of them this weekend.  ;) :) I also have an Osage I am starting and laid out a Yew yesterday with natural deflex in the handle and hope to get it on the new reflex/deflex form this weekend. Putting the final coats of sealer on Rocky's bow so it should be all finished up this weekend.No telling what else we will get into. :-\ ;)  Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10248 on: January 11, 2014, 09:18:25 am »
So Eddie... Vacation?  Work?  Wondering what has you in Israel.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10249 on: January 12, 2014, 01:20:04 pm »
Work, Matt. But, kinda short vacation. Very nice and caring people. I'm kinda hoping to see a rocket attack from Gaza before I go. The locals say they get their coffee cup full, go to the shelter when they get the warning,  listen to them explode in the desert and go back and eat dinner. They said it's quite boring. ??? :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10250 on: January 12, 2014, 04:44:41 pm »
Pappy
I see you are an author now , can I get your autograph?
Keep on passng it on my freind !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10251 on: January 13, 2014, 06:24:15 am »
Guy  ;) ;D ;D ;D We try. Another great weekend,lots of bow work going on along with the youth hunt,no deer killed but a good time had by all.We had the annual TwinOaks squirrel hunt this weekend,at last count We had 27 squirrels,not sure how many more came in yesterday morning,Will was the big winner with 13 I think,of course we all were winners cause we got to eat a lot of them Saturday night. :) 2 of the kids decided they had rather hunt squirrels than deer. ;) More action I guess. :-\ Here are a few pictures of the fun. ;)  My Yew floor tillered and ready for the form. My weapon of choice for the squirrel hunt over the weekend.
Dan and Jon still chasing rings, I think they are about to get there. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10252 on: January 13, 2014, 06:29:23 am »
Me getting my next Osage ready to start tillering,came off the form looking good,just needed a little weight taken off before tillering. Dan doing some shooting,he is getting pretty good with that thing. ;) :) Jon almost done chasing,just a bit more around the knot. ;) :) Me stretching one of my brain tanned hides,trying to dry it out.I had a lot of projects going on this weekend. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10253 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:51 am »
Fun and fellowship around the fire. ;) always fun. :) Will and I getting my Yew on the reflex/deflex form. It went pretty much as planned. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10254 on: January 13, 2014, 06:40:04 am »
Me and Kevin getting the fire going,lots of green wood this year. ??? ;) :) Nothing a blower won't get going. ;) That is an old Indian trick I learned many years ago.  ;) ;D ;D Scott showed up for a Visit. Will and I getting ready to go after squirrels Saturday morning. Jon laying out a Hickory bow for Doug's grand son. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10255 on: January 13, 2014, 06:45:45 am »
Rocky's bow getting the final sealer and TN. Orange grip beads. ;) :) :)
My morning take on Squirrels. :) Chuck hauling wood,and the wood pile is finely growing,we are finely hauling more than we are burning. :o ;) :) GregB showed
up to do a little knife work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10256 on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:45 am »
Some of our kids,the numbers are growing and that is a great thing. ;) :) More wood to be split and skinning some of the Squirrels for the evening meal. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #10257 on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:58 am »
As always Pappy - Thanks for posting. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10258 on: January 13, 2014, 06:55:40 am »
You are welcome chamookman. ;) More squirrel skinning. :) My Yew off the form and looking pretty good so far. Chuck working on his Hackberry and Giving John some lessons on ring chasing. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10259 on: January 13, 2014, 06:59:54 am »
Saturday night we par boiled the Squirrels and then deep fried them along with some fish Keven provided and sweet potato chips,man it was great meal and a great weekend .Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good