Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671000 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10365 on: February 07, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »
Pappy, why didn't ya say you need some snow. Erie's had over 104 " so far. Ya thats 8'-8". We got a lot of long legged rabbits also to go with your snow. Give me a call and let me know how much ya need :o Oh so your snow doesn't melt to quick I'll throw in a doz. or so days of zero degree or below temp for free. You got jumper cables, your gonna need them to hook to your beagles to get your rabbits started ;D  Yep thats called yankee rabbit hunting. Have fun with the rabbits , Hope to see ya in May. Later Bob

Offline seabass

« Reply #10366 on: February 07, 2014, 09:42:42 pm »
we are up to our eyeballs in snow around here.i know Pappy,it's not to deep to my eyeballs.still pretty deep though.lol
Middletown,Ohio

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #10367 on: February 08, 2014, 02:05:46 am »
Cool,not that far away,come visit sometime. :) Got the leather build up glued up on my Yew bow grip yesterday evening  [can't stand them small/flat handles on a bend through handle bow]  and some weight taken off,should be ready to string and finish tillering by the weekend. :) cross your fingers. :-\  ;) :)
   Pappy :)

Thank you, I would love to come down sometime and see everything going on. I love  snow myself, but I hate the below zero temps we have had. We have had so much snow this year we don't need anymore, so you can have this round of it. I hope you get a good covering and have a wonderful time playing in it, and look forward to any pictures you post. 
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline BDan

« Reply #10368 on: February 08, 2014, 10:22:15 am »
Mark, I'll be coming with Bear and Steve in March, if there's room for me.   BDan

Offline BDan

« Reply #10369 on: February 08, 2014, 10:25:50 am »
Silverfox, where abouts in Ohio, we're around the CIncinnati area.  BDan

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10370 on: February 08, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »
Cool,not that far away,come visit sometime. :) Got the leather build up glued up on my Yew bow grip yesterday evening  [can't stand them small/flat handles on a bend through handle bow]  and some weight taken off,should be ready to string and finish tillering by the weekend. :) cross your fingers. :-\  ;) :)

Thank you, I would love to come down sometime and see everything going on. I love  snow myself, but I hate the below zero temps we have had. We have had so much snow this year we don't need anymore, so you can have this round of it. I hope you get a good covering and have a wonderful time playing in it, and look forward to any pictures you post.
Silverfox
Steve, Seabass, is just down the road in Middletown he is most likely the next closest person to you on here after me, him and Bear in Cincinnati,  make the trip to Pappys someday maybe you can catch a ride!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #10371 on: February 08, 2014, 07:22:24 pm »
Pappy.
 I forgot about that stuff. I think i packed all that away before i deployed in 2008, I got home and forgot where i put it. Glad you found it!
 Sure miss all of you!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline silverfox

« Reply #10372 on: February 09, 2014, 06:01:14 pm »
Silverfox, where abouts in Ohio, we're around the CIncinnati area.  BDan

I'm south of Columbus in Pickaway County. I am 90 minutes from the Bass Pro shop in Cincinnati
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline silverfox

« Reply #10373 on: February 09, 2014, 06:18:57 pm »

Silverfox
Steve, Seabass, is just down the road in Middletown he is most likely the next closest person to you on here after me, him and Bear in Cincinnati,  make the trip to Pappys someday maybe you can catch a ride!

Thank you for the information Guy, I do plan on trying to make it down sometime. This has been a very busy winter at work. Hope spring comes soon

Subscription # 108669

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10374 on: February 10, 2014, 06:11:27 am »
Dan I had planed on it. Jesse I have what was left cleaned/aired out and in the cabin for safe keeping. Fox anytime you will be welcomed. Thanks Bob for the offer but we had about all we wanted Sat. here and then gone very quick just like us Southern boys like it. Had a great weekend,didn't get a lot done for myself but did get a lot done. Got my Yew back ready to brace and the leather grip glued and worked down some.Osage braced and ready for the tiller tree and then Saturday morning went out in the snow and kicked up some Rabbits,no shots but lot of fun
just being out.Then came back and Greg/BigA myself and a little help from Will/Dan and Allen  we worked up the Hickory I brought from the barn last week. 41 staves in all 36 adults and 5 kids size. Very good day. Here are some pictures of the fun.  ;) :) :) GregB had the fire going for me Friday. :) Some of Dan's new arrows in the works,he is really getting good at that. :) My Yew bow leather grip glued up. Dan and GregB talking knives and Jon stii making strings. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10375 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:58 am »
My Osage back braced after tweeking,looking good so far. Will working on some Hickory staves for a couple of friends and Allen getting his Osage ready for the form. ;) :) Jon showing Dan and Allen how to do a carpenter line for thinning the stave.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10376 on: February 10, 2014, 06:26:56 am »
Will thinning a Hickory stave[for thoses that don't know about using a band saw to thin,note the angle he is using,keep the part of the stave you can't see away from the blade.] Allen's Osage ready for the form,it need some pretty good tweeking. ;) Jon showing the other John how to deal with the knots on most Osage. ;) :) This is John's second bow and he is learning nicely. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10377 on: February 10, 2014, 06:31:35 am »
Nice fire to set around Friday night. ;) ;D More bending and knot chasing. :) Allen's Osage off the form Saturday morning and what we call snow. ;) ;D ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10378 on: February 10, 2014, 06:39:35 am »
Lether grip worked down some on my Yew bow,it is going to be a bend through the handle but I don't care for the skinny grips,so leather was my answer to that problem. ;) :) Allen's ready for the tiller stick,just to get it bending a bit. ;) Then out kicking up some Rabbits,Will was the Rabbit dog, ;) ;D ;D kicked up 4 or 5 but no shots,still a lot of fun just the same. ;) :) Sweet Pea and Scott showed up for a visit,they were out early playing in the snow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10379 on: February 10, 2014, 06:45:24 am »
BigA and Keving showed up Saturday morning and I put them to work. BigA's sinew backed Osage shot in and ready for a good friend. Looks great. ;) :) Then on to the Hickory,and man we had a lot to work up. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good