Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670998 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10500 on: March 19, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »
Pappy, Twin Oaks is looking good. Don't get too fancy with all that new gravel.  ;D I can't wait to see it again in person.
Nice to see Rob Tattoo there. He said hell be back to the Classic this year.
I'm envious of Will's beard. I used to have one that looked like that but time and erosion has diminished it a bit.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10501 on: March 20, 2014, 06:25:38 am »
 ;) :) :) We won't Pat,just trying to get it where you can pass on it without getting into a ditch. :) :) Steve I usuall spread it around when you ant there. ;) ;D ;D ;D
Getting the rock spread today and then some crush and run put on in a couple of weeks when the bigger rock settles a bit.Still lots of clean up around there before the Classic but we are looking better, long winter has taken a toll and takes a while in the Spring to get things back in shape.Almost done with the Hickory staves,got 3 more on the form yesterday,down to 6 and 4 kids. Hope to finish them by the weekend so I can move on to other things.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #10502 on: March 20, 2014, 05:49:37 pm »
Mark thanks again Brother, always a great time. See ya next month. If you need help with those scouts let me know.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10503 on: March 21, 2014, 06:10:41 am »
Thanks Bear,pleasure was all mine. Got the rock down on the new road yesterday also got 3 more Hickory on the form,down to 3 adults and 4 kids,should finish them up this evening,Jon and I are starting on the arrows for the Classic awards and also the trophies fro the selfbow challenge ,hope to make a dent in that this weekend.I hope to get my Yew done, at least to the weight I want,just hadn't had time this week to even look at it. ??? Going to try and work in one more hide also and smoke the one that is finished. I laid the brains out yesterday to thaw, Also Sally is getting fixed today so she ant going to be very happy when the vet gets there. :) Should be a full weekend for sure. Hope yall have a good one also. ;) :)
 Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10504 on: March 21, 2014, 07:54:58 am »
I'd say Sally's feelings are going to be hurt.  You might want to find her some stuff to chew on and make it up to her.  She may never speak to you again!! :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10505 on: March 21, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »
Thanks Bear,pleasure was all mine. Got the rock down on the new road yesterday also got 3 more Hickory on the form,down to 3 adults and 4 kids,should finish them up this evening,Jon and I are starting on the arrows for the Classic awards and also the trophies fro the selfbow challenge ,hope to make a dent in that this weekend.I hope to get my Yew done, at least to the weight I want,just hadn't had time this week to even look at it. ??? Going to try and work in one more hide also and smoke the one that is finished. I laid the brains out yesterday to thaw, Also Sally is getting fixed today so she ant going to be very happy when the vet gets there. :) Should be a full weekend for sure. Hope yall have a good one also. ;) :)
 Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy

No more drowning pups in the creek, Pappy? ;) ;D
Looking forward to seeing you.  Won't be long now.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10506 on: March 24, 2014, 06:16:05 am »
Nope Steve,at least not mine. ;) ;D ;D ;D Another great weekend,got a lot done around the shop and Club and had time for a few things for ourselves. Finshed the Hickory staves,cleaned the shop and moved the big hot box,also got a pole set for night lights and flag and got started on straightening the pavilion. I got my
Yew bow down to 50@26,seems about right now and also got some hide work in
Saturday evening. Here are a few pictures of the fun.  ;) :) Hickory ready for the classic,26 staves and 3 with rawhide backs. ;) Getting brains ready for some tanning. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:14:07 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10507 on: March 24, 2014, 06:21:16 am »
Ready to do some tanning,blend the brains then I bring them to a boil for a short time to kill anything bad in them,you got your hands in them all day so thought that might be good. ;) :) Dan [Jon's brother showed up for the weekend to work on his Hickory bow. Sally and the traveling vet shows up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10508 on: March 24, 2014, 06:29:26 am »
Sally after the surgery,that funnel on her head lasted about 15 minutes after she woke up. ;) ;D ;D Setting a pole for lights and flags. It was one of them HA YALL WATCH THIS moments. :) Lucky we don't get killed down there sometimes. ;) :)
We all jumped in to rawhideing a few bow blanks,very good Hickory but had some drying checks on the back so we decided to rawhide,I got plenty of that stuff. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:15:42 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10509 on: March 24, 2014, 06:34:28 am »
The pole setting got a little more intense as we got closer to the top. :)
Plaques in the works for the selfbow Challenge. Jon making a string for Dan's Hickory bow. ;) :) The bow turned out really nice. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10510 on: March 24, 2014, 06:40:00 am »
Dan and Bill working on an Osage and Sassafras bows. Chuck getting up some coals for cooking and smoking hides. Smoking a finished hide and getting another ready for pre smoke.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10511 on: March 24, 2014, 06:47:17 am »
1 side of the buck skin smoked. :) Not the best smoking job I have done but it will be OK. KingRon and Chuck. :) Repairing the floor in the shed where the hot box in going. :) Hot box moved and bending bench re set and cleaned,it's ready to work on again with more room to work around it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10512 on: March 24, 2014, 06:53:38 am »
Hot box all set up. Josiah /Alex and crew shows up for a fun afternoon,shooting and working on their napping skills. ;) :) Jon making yet another string for one of the kids bow. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10513 on: March 24, 2014, 07:02:47 am »
Dan shooting his new Hickory and him and Jon doing some final tweaking of the weight. Will giving some napping lessons to the kids and then them doing some shooting. :) Chuck finally gets some time to work on another Osage stave. :) :)
Sometimes we just have to make a little time for our own projects. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10514 on: March 24, 2014, 07:10:53 am »
More shooting as mom patiently relaxes and reads a book buy the fire and the kids have fun. ;) :) Some cooking for supper and then our new drive all rocked and ready for the Classic. That's it for this weekend,hope yall enjoyed yours as much as I did mine.  ;) :) Life is Good.
  Pappy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:19:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good