Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670233 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10515 on: March 24, 2014, 08:04:14 am »
That looks like the very definition of an OSHA approved work platform for setting poles.  Driveway looks great.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10516 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:03 am »
Ya Greg,I feel pretty sure OSHA wouldn't like us very much if they showed up down there.  ;) ;D ;D One of our oldest members was the safety director for CDE,Clarksville dept of Electricity ,glad he wasn't there Saturday. ;) ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10517 on: March 24, 2014, 12:50:20 pm »
I was going to show those pictures at our next Safety meeting. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #10518 on: March 24, 2014, 06:07:18 pm »
That looks like it could leavea mark,Opps :o :o

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10519 on: March 25, 2014, 05:40:29 am »
Ya Eddie them are the kind of pictures that go viral on the net.  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10520 on: March 26, 2014, 07:18:33 am »
Pappy why are you drilling holes in the ground next to the poles that hold up the shelter?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Will H

« Reply #10521 on: March 26, 2014, 08:17:47 am »
John, that's to let them move. The whole shelter is leaning real bad. Where pulling it over with a chainfall then gonna brace them off on the other side, if we didn't relive the bases of the poles they would have likely busted.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10522 on: March 26, 2014, 10:42:23 am »
John, that's to let them move. The whole shelter is leaning real bad. Where pulling it over with a chainfall then gonna brace them off on the other side, if we didn't relive the bases of the poles they would have likely busted.
Thanks Will, I was just wonder what you guys were up to on that.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10523 on: March 27, 2014, 05:57:40 am »
At least that's the plan John,if this up coming storm today and Friday don't take it out before Saturday. ;) :-\ Got in a little shop time yesterday.I got the Osage I am building for Paul steamed and on the form,I usually use dry heat but this Osage was just this month a year old so I sealed and steamed it to avoid checks. I think I got all the twist out but can tweak it a bit with dry heat now that it has been steamed and sealed if it needs more.Also let Sally out yesterday,she seems to be healing up just fine,she was sure glad to be out. Thank goodness ,no pups at the Classic this year. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10524 on: March 28, 2014, 06:08:15 am »
FRIDAY,yes. ;) Looks like a rainy Friday and Saturday morning so I may hold off on the Turkeys in the morning and work in the shop.Eddie and Dave are coming in and them boys don't care,rain or shine they will be after Turkeys. ??? We plan on working on the pavilion but if the rain don't stop that will be put on hold,O well I have plenty I can get into. :)The yew is ready for grip and finish and got the next Osage project ready for nocks to be cut and on the tiller stick,it came out of the steaming and form looking pretty good. Almost all of the propeller out and lined up across the handle well enough until I get it to low brace so I can tell what it needs for sure. Also started on some arrows yesterday and made some head way,who know I may get a chance to shoot a little at the Classic. ;) ;D ;D ;D
Hope yall have a dry safe one. :) See ya Monday. ;) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10525 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:42 am »
Wheew hooo, can't wait to get there. I don't know why the Boss wanted me to come in this morning, I'm hardly ever there on Fridays anyway. I'll probably roll in around 4AM and the rain gear is in my turkey vest ;D.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10526 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »
I guess with Eddie and Dave at twin Oaks this past weekend life was too good for Pappy to post pics.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Will H

« Reply #10527 on: March 31, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »
I think they all stayed through Monday pat. Pics should come tomorrow :)
I stopped by yesterday afternoon, no one had scored on a bird yet. It was a tough season opener. I'm hoping they had better luck today :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10528 on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:59 pm »
If there are birds around one of those two will get one. Only thing that would make it better is if Shannon were there too.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10529 on: April 01, 2014, 05:46:32 am »
Great weekend,got a lot done in the shop,lots of fun and fellowship around the fire and a few birds killed,we ate like kings to boot,hard to beat.We got the pavilion repaired,a few more lights up in the shop/bow building area and around the place. I also got the Osage I have been working on floor tillered and a grip on my Yew.Put on 2 or 3 sets of snake skins and Eddie got some tips on his Osage.
Dave killed a nice 19 lb. Jake,Eddie said he shot it out from under him,fun listening to them to fight. ;) :D :D Got a few pictures of the fun. :) Plaques ready for the selfbow challenge at the Classic. Some Osage bending and some shop clean up,looking pretty good around there.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good