Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670272 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10740 on: May 13, 2014, 08:39:56 am »
Im anxious to see the IW take-down finished Pappy.. We still got 4 of them IW staves left from what you sent Auggie and I home with at our 1st Classic back in 06 or 07.. They show alot of very short checks but I dont think that will hurt anything. I love that hhb..maybe even more than osage, lol  >:D... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10741 on: May 13, 2014, 08:50:11 am »
Ya these had some check also,just filled them with glue and laid out around them,not to worried about the checks,like I said just seemed awful dry to me. :-\ :-\ :-\
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline half eye

« Reply #10742 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:55 am »
The Dell bow dragged in a couple days worth of rain with it, will get decent photo's when it clears off. I did manage to get one pic and loose some arrows though......yes the midget can shoot it >:D so here's a quick picture of the first two arrows, 20 yards, shoots right where ya look.
rich

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10743 on: May 13, 2014, 09:26:42 am »
Thanks for posting rich,glad it made it safe to you. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10744 on: May 13, 2014, 10:17:04 am »
Pleased you got it Rich..
Del
(How did you know I was looking right there? ??? ::) )
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10745 on: May 14, 2014, 05:22:33 am »
Got my take down all put together and ready to start the tillering process, would have put it on the form yesterday but Miss Joanie got me side tracked, I had to open her pool.Getting hot in TN. ??? O well she is very very good and understanding to me and time I spend at the farm and in the shop so don't mind doing what ever she needs me to. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10746 on: May 15, 2014, 06:40:02 am »
Had another good evening in the shop,got my IW take down on the form for some straighting/propeller/tip alignment and reflex,also got the tip finished and snake skins on the Osage I have been working on. Now let them set for a day or so and the I can start tiller on the IW and finish on the Osage. I seem to get a lot more done during the week.  ;) Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mounter

« Reply #10747 on: May 15, 2014, 02:21:13 pm »
Man the classic always looks like too much fun!! I'm trying to get my better half to visit some relatives in Tenn. next year and swing by the classic for a few days... Thanks for all the picks, that might help to con vince her...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10748 on: May 16, 2014, 06:17:53 am »
Love to have you Mounter, It's Friday and got big plans for the weekend,we have a meeting in the morning and have a few things to finish up from the Classic but most everything is done. I plan to start tillering my IW take down and put the finishing touches on the Osage for Paul. Need to fit a little mowing time in if the rain stops also, other tan that I want to soot some and relax around the fire. Hope yall have a good one,by the way I will be late Monday ,if at all. ??? Got Jury duty starting Monday morning and last for 2 weeks.Yuk yuk,I hate it when things interrupt my normal routine.  >:( >:( Life is Good. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10749 on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:39 am »
I got my notice inda mail yesterday Pappy... I got be available July 1st thru August 1st... thats when my work is always shut down for 2 weeks and we go camping, float tripping, and fishing...  :'(.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10750 on: May 16, 2014, 06:05:02 pm »
I've been lucky, knock on wood, never got picked. But Kathie did. She got picked for Federal Grand Jury duty and nobody got out of it. She had to drive to Tampa every Wednesday for a year and a half. Her company paid her for jury duty until they found out how long it was and just made Wednesday her new day off.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10751 on: May 16, 2014, 06:37:34 pm »
I've been lucky, knock on wood, never got picked. But Kathie did. She got picked for Federal Grand Jury duty and nobody got out of it. She had to drive to Tampa every Wednesday for a year and a half. Her company paid her for jury duty until they found out how long it was and just made Wednesday her new day off.
Year and a half :o that sucks...
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10752 on: May 19, 2014, 09:10:11 am »
Great weekend,lots of pictures of the fun later. In the parking lot right now waiting to go in and do my civic duty  :D Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #10753 on: May 19, 2014, 11:23:34 am »
Here's one for Mike Scott :) and those of you who have shot our practice range. This is the hard shot on the last targets. Pappy nailed the 11, Big A and Allen where right in there as well.

Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #10754 on: May 19, 2014, 11:56:31 am »
Not to mention any names but Bryan Irwin shot that target and hit the tree. The arrow went careening off to the right into the woods. He retrieved his arrow and realized about 6 inches of the point was broken off. We then realized the 6 inch point had continued on and centered the lung area on that target. It penetrated several inches into the deer.

If that had been an actual scored target, would it have counted as a hit?

And for the hunters, should you ever see something like that when shooting at live game, just remember to follow up as possibly a good hit and not just a lost end of an arrow.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes