Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668594 times)

Offline nclonghunter

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10845 on: June 10, 2014, 12:51:54 pm »
You guys build some awesome bows and have fun doing it. Thanks for the pictures... :)
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10846 on: June 10, 2014, 12:59:36 pm »
A lot I am sure but he ant sharing and I ant sure I want him to. It's one thing to use beaver balls but Will facial hair,they may be pushing it a bit for me. ;) :) :)
 Pappy

Lol
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10847 on: June 10, 2014, 11:18:08 pm »
Parnell, those prints Chuck is holding in the picture are from Bohning Archery. Chuck bought the fiberglass bow kit with the fire hose form. It does kinda look like a bridge in the drawing :)

Ha Ha!  Thats exactly what I'd thought...
Thanks for clarifying Will. 
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10848 on: June 12, 2014, 06:06:40 am »
Glad you enjoy nclonghunter,and yes we do have a good time. :) Friday for me,I am off tomorrow and headed to the cabin this evening then North at daylight in the morning to Cloverdale IN. for the weekend Traditional Nationals. It should be fun for sure and get to do some visting and maybe even some shooting. Meeting Rocky and his bunch from MI.,several from here on PA [Clint/Tracy/Cody]probably others and a few from TwinOaks I am sure, so you know it will be interesting to say the least. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one,I will have some pictures of the lead up to and the weekend Monday. life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #10849 on: June 12, 2014, 06:27:58 am »
Have safe trip all - Cloverdale is a great shoot ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10850 on: June 12, 2014, 10:35:20 am »
Have a safe trip Pappy and gang. Say hey to all for me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10851 on: June 12, 2014, 11:33:20 am »
It is a good shoot chamookman, I always enjoy it. Thanks Pat I will tell them all ha,you need to load up and go with us one day,or maybe ElmHall,ya. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10852 on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:02 pm »
I'd love to one day, Pappy. It is on my list.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10853 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »
I'd love to one day, Pappy. It is on my list.  ;)
Let me know Pat and I will plan a trip too. Maybe Isaac would come.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10854 on: June 12, 2014, 03:40:46 pm »
PAPPY when this thread hits one million your buying every one on here a beer . >:D
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #10855 on: June 14, 2014, 11:03:49 pm »
Life was not to good going down to the farm this morning. Found downed oak trees across the entrance.
Well me and a prospect Bobby B after about 2 hours with a chain saw and the Kabota we ooened the path to Trad Meca....
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10856 on: June 14, 2014, 11:11:04 pm »
Good to see you are getting the wood pile replenished before the next Classic.  ;)

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10857 on: June 15, 2014, 09:52:16 am »
The one in the fore front looks like a red oak. If any are hickory, I think it is against the law to cut one of those into firewood without cutting the straight sections into bow staves first. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10858 on: June 16, 2014, 06:19:53 am »
Yep,all Oak Eric. :) Had a great time,just about the time I get there I get theses pictures,I told Michael I would love to help but 5 hours away,they made a good start on the clean up. Thanks Michael and Bobby. :) Cloverdale was a lot of fun,very laid back,shot a lot and ate like kings.Rocky and crew's bus made the trip a very easy one for us,thanks a bunch guys. Had a bad start so I needed to get away. 2 bows broke in 15 minutes Thursday evening,curly Osage and old/old IW.
glad to be done with them 2 had a feeling that is the way it was going to go. :-\
Pictures of the fun. GregB still at his knife work. Osage at brace,just before the blow up. ;) :) It was looking so good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10859 on: June 16, 2014, 06:23:54 am »
First one ,then another, Brat wood now. ;) I did salvage one limb on the Osage and saved the take down handle on the IW,don't think I will ever be able to get it off but saved it just the same. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good