Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670871 times)

Offline TNArcher1969

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10875 on: June 17, 2014, 10:15:04 am »
Ya it was fun Eddie. Sorry we missed you Tracy,we did shoot quite a bit. Tiller sounds like you have you hands full for now. Good to here from you and keep us updated on The Hickory. Got my new Osage floor tillered and on the form last evening,decided to make one for me this time,hunting season will be here before you know it and I always like to have at least 1 or 2 new bows to start out the season. ;) :) :) the last 3 haven't gone so well,2 broke and 1 came in under weight and went to Jon's son. He needed a new bow any way. :) Maybe this one will work out,we will see.  ;) :)
  Pappy

well I guess the IW take down you offered me was one of the two that broke...lol...
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #10876 on: June 17, 2014, 10:19:52 am »
Life was not to good going down to the farm this morning. Found downed oak trees across the entrance.
Well me and a prospect Bobby B after about 2 hours with a chain saw and the Kabota we ooened the path to Trad Meca....

Pappy going to try and get down there is week and cut some of that stuff up smaller and drag off some limbs. Have to work Saturday so will only be able to come down for the meeting.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10877 on: June 17, 2014, 10:36:47 am »
Cool I plan on bringing my saws and cut some if the rain holds off,they are supposed to pour the concrete for the bridge today or tomorrow and we have got to get the pipe cleaned out the goes into the camp ground,Don will bring his little tractor and front bucket I hope for that,seems always clean up to do around that place.  ;) :) Get it done till the next storm. ;) :) Yep Michael that was the one,sorry but I am glad you didn't take it,I feel pretty sure I will have more. ;) ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10878 on: June 17, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »
Still need to take some wood off on the bow for my son Pappy.  Almost there with it.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10879 on: June 17, 2014, 03:16:18 pm »
Michael and I are taking the tent down Thursday at 1 in the afternoon if no rain.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10880 on: June 18, 2014, 06:04:50 am »
Sounds good,got a working and meeting Saturday,supposed to be just a meeting but things happen and we really need some clean up stuff done. ??? :) Got my Osage off the form last evening/nocks cut and back/sides/belly all cleaned up and ready for the long string and tiller stick. :) Looks good so far. Very nice piece of Osage so maybe will turn out a good shooter for the hunting season. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10881 on: June 18, 2014, 07:53:23 am »
Sounds good,got a working and meeting Saturday,supposed to be just a meeting but things happen and we really need some clean up stuff done. ??? :) Got my Osage off the form last evening/nocks cut and back/sides/belly all cleaned up and ready for the long string and tiller stick. :) Looks good so far. Very nice piece of Osage so maybe will turn out a good shooter for the hunting season. :) :)
  Pappy
Pics man! >:(  Which form did you use on this bow?  Seems like the reflex/deflex is getting a lot of action these days.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10882 on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:31 am »
No I use one we have that adds about 3 inches of reflex,Will has used the R/D a lot more than I. :) I only use it when the stave calls for it, only done 2 on it  myself ,that meaning it already has some de flex in it naturally. I will have some pictures of the progress Monday hope to have it braced by then. ;) :) :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10883 on: June 18, 2014, 12:35:41 pm »
No I use one we have that adds about 3 inches of reflex,Will has used the R/D a lot more than I. :) I only use it when the stave calls for it, only done 2 on it  myself ,that meaning it already has some de flex in it naturally. I will have some pictures of the progress Monday hope to have it braced by then. ;) :) :)

Pappy
Going have to see one of those R/D bows built sometime in TN.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10884 on: June 19, 2014, 06:18:19 am »
 John,Will has posted several lately and the last Yew bow came off that form,love the design,very smooth to draw and shoot.  ;) Got my Osage all evened up yesterday and with a few more scrapes it will be ready for low brace. Even after the form work it still has several dips and humps in the back and an odd angle coming off the handle to the lower limb,that's what I love about stave/selfbows. Always something to deal with.  ;) :) We also got the concrete poured for the new bridge yesterday,should be ready to set the cross over poles by the weekend.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10885 on: June 20, 2014, 05:29:33 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin soon, got lots to do as far as clean up goes around there. I hope to get my Osage shooting this weekend between the work,I got it to brace last evening and looking good so far. Not sure who will show up but am sure some will. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10886 on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:57 am »
I'd be there in a minute if I lived closer :-[ 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10887 on: June 20, 2014, 11:14:02 am »
I live far away but will be there at Twin Oaks in an hour or so.   ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10888 on: June 23, 2014, 05:41:04 am »
Great weekend,got a lot done around the place as far as clean up and also had some good time in the shop,best of both worlds. ;) ;D ;D Lots of folks in and out
and everyone seemed to have a good time. :) Here are some pictures of the fun.
My latest Osage on the form and of course Sally just taking it all in. She has really turned into a fine camp dog for us. :) :) Still Miss Hannah and Sadie but Sally is filling the void pretty good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10889 on: June 23, 2014, 05:44:57 am »
Then the Osage on the tiller stick and out to full brace. GregB showed up for a visit and the new bridge under way,post set and ready for the cross rails. :) Should be nice and high enough the creek won't take it out again,we hope. ;) ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good