Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668241 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11070 on: August 06, 2014, 01:54:10 pm »
Yup, it is Pat. Blue shirt.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11071 on: August 06, 2014, 01:55:42 pm »
Yeah, that's the one. Thanks Pearlie.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #11072 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:35 pm »
Wow.... I miss an opportunity to meet someone I have admired for years, long before I got into PA.  I stopped by Ron LaCair's "Archery Shoppe" a couple of times on business trips to MI  back in "2009 & 10" and he was always at lunch....my bad timing,  :(   Damn...I'm going to have to get to MI more often......and I love the weather....  :)
Till next time, DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11073 on: August 07, 2014, 05:20:30 am »
Ya Ron is always at ElmHall,he use to camp every year but now just drops by,he lives pretty close.I meet him 20 + years ago
at Cloverdale,he don't go there anymore for some reason. :-\ Seems some don't care for him up that way but we have always got along just fine and he has always been very friendly to me. :) Glad yall enjoyed the pictures,I am looking forward to Friday,been a long week catching up here at work and now have a weekend of work to get ready for our Charity shoot next weekend the 16th ,be hunting season before you know it, being busy seems to never end for me.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11074 on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:21 am »
is that the same Ron LaClair thet writes articles for Muzzleloader Magazine? If it is I just read his poem in the latest issue.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #11075 on: August 07, 2014, 07:48:51 am »
is that the same Ron LaClair thet writes articles for Muzzleloader Magazine? If it is I just read his poem in the latest issue.

I don't read that mag Eddy but it is most likely him ,I don't know if he is still writing but he used to enjoy the muzzle loading stuff
He has a full time job now tacking care of his failing wife
Keep them in your prayers folks
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11076 on: August 07, 2014, 07:55:44 am »
I feel sure it is the same Eddie,I know is does a lot of poems also,yes Guy he told me Saturday she was not doing good at all,he was in a pretty big hurry Saturday evening to get back to her. Sad but if we live long enough it will most likely happen to all of us.  :(
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11077 on: August 07, 2014, 08:27:40 am »
I meet him 20 + years ago
at Cloverdale,he don't go there anymore for some reason. :-\ Seems some don't care for him up that way.   Pappy

Sad to say, but I hear that often and in other places. I have no clue why or what happened. I bought my first new non-wheely from Ron in 1990 something, maybe 95 or so. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BDan

« Reply #11078 on: August 07, 2014, 08:53:13 am »
Just a quick big thanks to the Elm Hall bunch, what a great shoot and the food. Weather wasn't bad either. Great seeing everyone. Jimmy, we were kidding Logan he was getting a hair cut when you get home. BDan

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #11079 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:18 pm »
Can't say any more than what was already said.  Hat's off to the Elm Hall crew for a fine, fun shoot. 

Hmmm, a Pappy bow shoot off?  Pearlie, I have one too!  Count me in!  I split my Witch Hazel a few minutes ago.  Gotta get her dry for the Witch Hunt!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #11080 on: August 07, 2014, 11:24:44 pm »
Great pictures Pappy and Jon, sure was a fun weekend and the Elm Hall Club did a great job. Quite a few PA guys at the event and hopefully when others see the pictures they'll keep the shoot in mind and make the trip next year if able. If you do decide to come get well rested ahead of time. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11081 on: August 08, 2014, 06:06:09 am »
That's for sure Greg,and plan on some resting up after also I am just now getting caught up,of course it take me a little longer than it use to. ;) :) :) FRIDAY and so ready to get to the cabin for some fun,we have a lot going on again this weekend getting ready for our Charity shoot the 16th, Meeting/Working but still better than being at work. ;) :) Hope to get a little time in the shop to try and finish tillering my Mullberry bow and work on a few hunting arrows,other than that it will be cleaning the concessions area and helping get the ranges and Novelty areas ready for next week. :) :) Hope yall have good and productive weekend. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11082 on: August 08, 2014, 08:27:06 am »
How did it split Matt? I left mine whole and sealed. Cody said his was a barber pole! He said the elm he grabbed was excellent though. No surprise, elm is good stuff.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #11083 on: August 08, 2014, 06:43:08 pm »
I left mine whole, ends sealed and bark on. Did you debark yours yet? I was fearing splitting to early and getting twist.
I debarked my elm and left in the round for now, very nice stuff there.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11084 on: August 08, 2014, 07:20:08 pm »
I peeled and sealed the hazel and left it whole Greg. The elm I peeled and left whole, but only sealed the ends. Ive never had elm check, not saying it cant happen.