Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670290 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11085 on: August 11, 2014, 06:04:54 am »
Great weekend,got some time in the shop,not really on any of my projects but helped Jon out on a new bow and some guest
that came down,spent most of the weekend getting ready for the up coming Charity shoot this weekend.I think we are ready except for a few supplies that Miss Joanie and I plan on picking up early this week. We made some head way on the new bridge,it is looking really good and also got all the ranges set for the shoot,don't think the ranges have ever looked better.
Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :) :)  Little picking,Then Jon's new Osage in the works. ;) :) he is what we call a bow hoarder,just can't get enough. ;) :) :) Went from bark on stave to floor tillered and on the form Friday :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11086 on: August 11, 2014, 06:08:21 am »
Getting it to a ring and rough cut out. :) Beaver ball material Michael came up with for us. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11087 on: August 11, 2014, 06:12:42 am »
Floor tillered/on and off the form,ready to start tillering. Sally taking it all in and Megan and Logan shows up for the day. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11088 on: August 11, 2014, 06:16:44 am »
Some bridge work and starting to gather for the Saturday morning meeting,we had a very good showing as we usually do Pryor to a event.  ;) :) Not to many of us so it takes us all to pull this stuff off. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11089 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:54 am »
Megan,got to love this neckless,after the meeting we all went in different directions,Consessions/Registration/Ranges and work on the bridge.  ;) :) :) King Ron keeping us all in line. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11090 on: August 11, 2014, 06:26:21 am »
Bridge is really coming along,about 1 more good day and it should be complete. Cleaning up the mess, everyone helps out. Allen doing some practice for an up coming Elk hunt in Colorado. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11091 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:00 am »
Some of the ranges for the up coming weekend,very cool courses. ;) :) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11092 on: August 11, 2014, 06:35:46 am »
Had some new folks show up and Chuck jumped in to help them start a new Osage bow a piece, Chuck is a very good teacher,also the girl Micheal made a PVC bow,pretty cool and shoots nice Now she and her Husband John want to make some real bows. ;) :) :) That's it for this weekend,hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:42:46 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #11093 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:31 am »
Looks like I missed a good time. I worked sat and Sunday. Gotta make hay while the sun shines I guess :) Those stairs turned out great!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11094 on: August 11, 2014, 09:36:18 am »
Hey Pappy, looks like ya had another real good weekend, Bridge looks real good. Got a question on your beaver ball materials, are those hides Beaver hides in the picture or Nutria. Take Care Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11095 on: August 11, 2014, 10:01:56 am »
Bob they are supposed to beaver hide,[ belly side] which  is the best for beaver balls for string silencers because the hide is thinner,but Michael got them of EBay I think, so who knows for sure, :-\ they do work tho,so I guess that's what matters. Yes Will you missed a fun but still productive weekend :),got a lot done, little more to do to be ready but we are almost there. :) :)
Hope to finish up this week and put the final touches on Friday evening.  ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #11096 on: August 11, 2014, 10:30:58 am »
How did it split Matt? I left mine whole and sealed. Cody said his was a barber pole! He said the elm he grabbed was excellent though. No surprise, elm is good stuff.

Drums:  I had to split it from both ends.  First, I attempted the root end and it ran off about half way up.  Then I eyed it up and split from the top end.  It ran better, with a good outcome.  It didn't twist initially.  I have it stored in my barn, out of the sun; hoping for a slow dry.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11097 on: August 12, 2014, 05:11:37 am »
Didn't get a chance over the weekend to work on my Mullberry bow but did yesterday evening,it needs to be shot some but I got it tillered out to 48@26 and seems like it is going to be sweet, good early draw /smooth draw. If it holds it should be a keeper. Also got a few things cleaned up and some spot spraying done,we should be a bout ready for the up coming weekend. ;) :) :) The weather looks pretty good,little hot but dry and that is always good for an event. ;) :) I am getting a lot of phone responce from surrounding areas so hopefully we can make a few bucks for the very deserving folks. :) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #11098 on: August 12, 2014, 05:41:17 pm »
Hey Pappy, looks like ya had another real good weekend, Bridge looks real good. Got a question on your beaver ball materials, are those hides Beaver hides in the picture or Nutria. Take Care Bob

They are beaver. found them on EBay. they are remnants from a beaver fur coat. you can find them on there quite often. paid $19 and free shipping for about 100 set of beaver balls once they are sliced and cut in half.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11099 on: August 13, 2014, 08:02:34 am »
Another good evening at the Cabin, just about got stuff ready for the shoot. Miss Joanie and I are headed to Sam's this evening for final supplies,got the computer/PA system all in registration and ready to be set up so hopefully by tomorrow evening things will be ready. We always have folks show up Early Saturday morning on a 1 day shoot so I like for things to be finished up By early Friday and looks like that will happen. Don't look like I will get time to shoot my Mullberry bow today  :(
maybe Tomorrow or Friday, I would love to be able to call that one done and move on to something else.  ;) :):)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good