Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670834 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11160 on: August 25, 2014, 08:12:47 am »
A big congrats on your 41 years together Mark and Joanie, that a special bond for sure.  :)
Antique stores and Farm & Fleet are my two favorite shopping places too.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline cracker

« Reply #11161 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:19 am »
HI Mark congratulations to you and Miss Joanie. Did the miller clock follow you home.
Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11162 on: August 25, 2014, 09:54:37 am »
Thanks Greg,mine also. :) No Cracker,got several just like it,just didn't know they were worth so much. ;) :) Cracker did you see a few pages back on the landing for the bridge,we used the Branding Iron you made for us in the concrete,looks very cool. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11163 on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:29 am »
Pappy I would say you have been blessed with a wonderful lifelong soul mate and that has helped make you the super person you are!  Some of us are just plain lucky to have found someone to guide us through life!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11164 on: August 25, 2014, 11:32:59 am »
Congratulations!  I didn't recognize you at first Pappy.  I don't think I've ever seen you without the bibs or camo on  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #11165 on: August 25, 2014, 12:44:05 pm »
Congratulations!  I didn't recognize you at first Pappy.  I don't think I've ever seen you without the bibs or camo on  ;D
Hey congrats from Me & Mrs Cat too, I only just noticed those pics. You scrub up nicely...
Me an' Mrs Cat have done 41 years too. Must be the bow makin' that does it (and an understanding wife ;D )
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Two Feathers

• Happiness is a crooked bow and straight arrow.
    • White Pillars Estate
« Reply #11166 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:10 pm »
Congratulations Mark to you two. You two look happy together.  I hope you have many more good years together.
Gary Forrester
"Two Feathers"
Spring Valley, OH

Offline joanieb

« Reply #11167 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »
This little note is to say thanks to all our friends for taking your time to post happy wishes on our anniversary. We are so blessed to have you care enough to remember our special day and send us your kind words. It's friends like you that make all our days very special. We hope to see you soon. Thanks again, Joanie   ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11168 on: August 26, 2014, 05:22:58 am »
Careful,the boss is in the house. ;) :) What she said. ;) Got all my goodies from our shopping put up or away yesterday,they look cool scattered around the shop,I just love old tools and such. :) No bow work yesterday but did take some time to shoot my yew bow,got to thinking just a month till Deer/turkey season so I need to start getting some stuff ready,especially my shooting. ;) :) Maybe some bow work this weekend,I have 2 I need to finish before deer season/Mullberry and Yew. The Mullberry is almost done and the yew is ready to start tillering so getting them done should be doable.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BDan

« Reply #11169 on: August 26, 2014, 10:19:30 am »
Congrads, Mark and Miss Joanie. Me and Kathy are working on 40 years this coming March. We just got back from Michigan up in the thumb area and there were a few shops like that, that we checked out, very cool stuff.  hope to see you soon  BDan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11170 on: August 27, 2014, 05:05:57 am »
Thanks Dan,love them kind of shops,come anytime you get the chance. :) :) Got 60 arrows through my Mullberry last evening,man that thing is a zinger,very quick and light in the hand,came out 47@26 held a good bit of the reflex,I worked
on the tips some yesterday and a little more grip work,it is about ready to wrap the grip and the finish work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #11171 on: August 27, 2014, 10:18:53 am »
Haven't checked in here for awhile...that new bridge is huge...I might get out of breath just reaching the top...think ilk just walk thru the crick like I always do  :laugh: ...sorry i missed y'all at elm hall...looked like another goodun ;) ...and another congrats on your anniversary :) ...nice piece of yew too...don't forget to write my name on it after ya finish it  ;D ...I've been real busy lately with other things(life stuff like work n family stuff) but yeah life has been good up here too...thank god  :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11172 on: August 27, 2014, 10:39:21 am »
Ya Chris I knew you been busy,kids/work and life can do that sometimes,ElmHall was great as usual,missed getting to see you and yours. I will think on the Yew. ;) ;D ;D ;D may have to blood it in battle first just to be sure it is worthy, ;) :) and yep that is who I thank also ,daily;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #11173 on: August 27, 2014, 11:01:28 am »
I went bacjk and looked at it. It works out nice as a concrete stamp too. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11174 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:45 am »
Yep, I just made sure they cleaned it good when they finished. :) :) No bow work yesterday,grass mowing and honey do catch up at the house. ;) :) :) Now I am primed for the long Labor day weekend, bushhogging and bows, :) :)hard to beat that. ;) :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good