Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668471 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11370 on: October 17, 2014, 06:16:05 am »
Cool,any idea what time? I will be there about Noon ,but may try and hunt this evening,probably go out 3 or 4 ,let me know or give me a call 615-456-5961. Friday and as usual I am so ready to get out of here,the rain has finely stopped and actually seen some deer from the stand last evening,3 does 15/16 yards but dark was closing in and I decided not to risk it. Beautiful evening with a real Sun down. :o :) :) That was really good for a change and will lift the spirit . I was beginning to get the bolas from like of sunshine. ;) :) :) I want to get a little time to tiller on my Yew bow and need to do a little stand tweeking to be ready for the Youth hunt next weekend other than that just some hunting. Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11371 on: October 20, 2014, 05:23:16 am »
Had a great weekend,again the deer skunked me but not my boy. ;) :) Greg and his son came by Friday on the way back fro LBL and stayed the night. It was great to see him and meet his boy,I am awful with names but I think it was Jake[correct me Greg if that ant right]  :)Anyway I took him out Friday evening for some deer hunting,no luck but I think he had a good time. We had a meeting and working Saturday and got a few things done around the club to get ready for winter,no shop work for me this weekend,just hunting/a little work and some good fellowship. Here are some pictures of the fun.  :) Leaf blowing and burning Friday,you got to stay ahead of them around there. :) :) Greg and son warming up for the evening hunt. After the hunt some fellowship around the fire. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11372 on: October 20, 2014, 05:29:34 am »
Shooting the bull, Greg's son was taking it all in like a sponge.  ;) :) :)Some good fellowship around the fire Friday night. Good friend Kevin brought in a nice buck he killed Saturday morning. Big 9 170lbs.  :) Seeing Greg and his son off Saturday morning,wished they could have stayed longer. Meeting Saturday morning,trying to close the year out and making plans for this spring. :) Good meeting and good time catching up on everyones season.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11373 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:43 am »
More leaf blowing and burning Saturday and finishing up the step rails on the new bridge. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11374 on: October 20, 2014, 05:35:17 am »
Jon's new knife project. :) King Ron make it down for a visit. :) Jeff on another axe repair job. He love old axes.  :)Chuck finishing up some work on his Molly he made the repairs on. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11375 on: October 20, 2014, 05:42:26 am »
Jeff's axe finished up. Beau doubled up Sunday morning,taking up his Dad's slack ???  ;) :) He killed a nice 8 point 144 lbs and a Button he thought was a doe,it was being chased by a 6 point,he said the 6 was grunting and pushing this little guy all around and he just assumed it was a doe, now we figure we got a gay 6 point that I really need to take out of the gene pool,hope to do that this week. Hope yall had a good one also,I think we all did. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11376 on: October 20, 2014, 06:22:07 am »
Pappy, my son's name is actually Zach, but he wont mind you calling him "Jake."  We sure had a great time on our overnight visit and really do appreciate your hospitality.  Looks like Beau put the hammer down!  And yes, sounds like you have a rogue six pointer that needs culled quick. ;) ::) :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11377 on: October 20, 2014, 06:53:11 am »
Sorry about that Zack, I will remember now. Ya enjoyed having yall,seems like a fine young man yall are raising. :)Congrat on that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11378 on: October 20, 2014, 07:05:28 am »
Way to go Beau! Really nice buck. Good to see the sun shining there also :)

Looks like you're going have a Classic partner next year Greg! I think Zach's taller than he was at Clint's a couple months ago ;D
Tracy
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:08:34 am by TRACY »
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11379 on: October 20, 2014, 07:10:33 am »
He's still growing and I aint! :P  I wish I could bring him to the Classic, but it falls right during state testing at school, so I doubt he will get to make it.  We'll see.

blackhawk

« Reply #11380 on: October 20, 2014, 07:56:21 am »
He's still growing and I aint! :P  I wish I could bring him to the Classic, but it falls right during state testing at school, so I doubt he will get to make it.  We'll see.

There are things a young man can learn at the classic that he won't learn in school these days  8) ...cool y'all got to stop in at pappy's ;)

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11381 on: October 20, 2014, 08:06:06 am »

There are things a young man can learn at the classic that he won't learn in school these days  8) ...cool y'all got to stop in at pappy's ;)
;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11382 on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:03 am »
Greg, that beard is looking pretty grey  ;D   Pappy you are right about Greg's son.  He is a fine young man.   

Nice buck Kevin and nice double Beau.  Congrats to both of you.  Pappy you must be waiting on a biggun'   ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11383 on: October 20, 2014, 11:07:00 am »
No,they just hadn't wanted to come over and play with me so far  :-\ maybe today,you just never know,you can go from Zero to hero in a matter of seconds.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11384 on: October 20, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »
Clint, you must be looking at Pappy!  ;)