Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670205 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11490 on: November 10, 2014, 09:46:11 am »
Sounds like a great weekend.  I think the rut started here about a week ago.  Unfortunately by me, many of the deer have gone nocturnal.  Only seeing them through the game camera's evening shots.  Hopefully, them bucks will start chasing the does around.  I also think our rough winter of last year was hard on the deer population.

Wish Beau luck this week.  Good to read the stories.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11491 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:47 am »
Thanks Matt I will tell him, he started his week off right Yesterday evening with a 94 lb. doe, 12 yard shot and only went 10 or 12 yards and crashed in a bunch of brush beside his stand, very cool, no tracking. :) That's 4 for him this season so his freezer is getting full and Christina his wife is loving that. ;) :) I seen 1 buck and a doe but 40/50 yards out, I also seen I bet 50 Turkey's, all close enough for shots but the season ended on them this passed Friday. ??? :( :) I got a lot to do around here at work today and tomorrow then I am off Thursday/Friday. Between the weather and the rut things should get really interesting the next few days. ;) :) Highs in the low 40's and lows in the low 20's for the last part of the week and weekend it should be good. ;) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:03:02 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Big A

« Reply #11492 on: November 11, 2014, 09:23:14 pm »
I have to go back to work tomorrow after 7 days of hunting with Greg B and Keith of Twin Oaks. We had deer all over us the whole time and took 4 does. Greg got a doe 60 lbs , Keith a doe 96 lbs ,Me 2 does  98 lbs and 106 lbs.
We all had small bucks in and seen some nice bucks also. In fact I missed a big 9 point before I shot the 98 lb doe.
While at the range today I was gifted a good looking bamboo backed osage bow from Will H that will be after deer soon.
Great times for sure bows ,friends and hunting Life is truly good.
BigA

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #11493 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »
Thats some good hunting Big A, lot of meat for your freezer there. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11494 on: November 12, 2014, 05:27:58 am »
Great time to hunt deer in Tennessee, way to Go A/Greg/Keith. Cold front came in last night and I am off the rest of the week if I can get through today, not FRIDAY but feels like it to me. I am meeting Beau at the Cabin this evening and it will just be us for a few days of hunting and catching each other up on our lives. :) We try and do that with just him and I at least once a year,[sometimes hard to do] always love that time together and who knows we may even kill some more deer. ;) :) I assure you we will eat good and have some good conversation around the fire. :) :) Hope yall have a good rest of the week, see ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #11495 on: November 12, 2014, 05:34:53 am »
Good luck to y'all Pappy. It's gonna be COLD the next few mornings! Deer should be on their feet. I left a sack of sweet potatoes from my garden for you and Beau. See ya this weekend :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11496 on: November 12, 2014, 07:02:09 am »
I found them and put them in the cabin, didn't know where they came from but didn't want them to freeze. ;) Thanks. Yes it is going to be cold. ??? ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11497 on: November 12, 2014, 07:08:48 am »
Good luck Pappy and Beau.  Enjoy the time together.  It goes by fast.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11498 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:20 am »
Beau has already struck, I got to get down there before he kills them all ,and to beat it all it is my 7 point, no respect at all. :) Can't say much he will be picking my nursing home.  ;) :) Now Miss Joanie on the other hand could be a different story. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11499 on: November 12, 2014, 10:23:43 am »
Ohhh, that hurt. ;) Good shooting, Beau. Looks like you had a good week off, Anthony and it was really good to see you when we were there. It's gonna be tough for me, back to work on Monday. The Doctor said I look great and I'm his Poster Patient so he'll see me next year. As soon as I get some meat put away I'll be in the woods with my bow, Archery Season ends this weekend, here.

Good luck, guys and knock one down, Pappy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11500 on: November 13, 2014, 06:55:10 am »
Beau has already struck, I got to get down there before he kills them all ,and to beat it all it is my 7 point, no respect at all. :)
  Pappy
Looks like all the lessons you taught him are paying off Pappy.   ;)  But sometimes the student becomes the teacher! :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11501 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:29 am »
I don't know Pappy.  Beau killing all these deer might be a good thing.  You can stay in a warm cabin and relax while he fills the freezer for you  ;D   But I'd bet you would rather be up a tree in the cold  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11502 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:56 am »
Yep in the tree now ,very windy and cold all I have seen so far is 3 yots and a bunch of Turkey's  Owell I am hanging in for a while maybe deer will move through later. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #11503 on: November 13, 2014, 08:04:02 pm »
I can't believe Beau got your deer.i am sure there's another one out there somewhere.good luck guys and happy hunting.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11504 on: November 14, 2014, 10:01:25 am »
Cold here this morning , it was 21 with light N winds when me and Beau left the cabin , wind has picked up and still no deer sighting lots of squirell but that's it do far , plan on hanging in till 10:30 and the back for a big breakfast. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good