Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671230 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Life is good
« Reply #12075 on: March 27, 2015, 04:09:30 pm »
Bob Seger!  Man, that would be a great concert to go to.  Enjoy it Pappy! 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline iowabow

« Reply #12076 on: March 29, 2015, 07:19:49 am »
For those interested in contributing, eating the Thursday Night Boil at the Classic, I have started a thread in "Primitive Shoots & Events"

Matt
look forward to seeing you but won't be in till friday night. Are you guys selling jelly again this year?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #12077 on: March 29, 2015, 12:37:01 pm »
Man Pappy I cant wait to get back down to the Classic, me and some Pa guys and gals will be rollin in Thursday...I gotta glance through all your pictures in this, Life is Good section from time to time to keep from getting withdrawl...I love the Classic!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12078 on: March 29, 2015, 03:03:17 pm »

[/quote]
look forward to seeing you but won't be in till friday night. Are you guys selling jelly again this year?
[/quote]

We'll bring some jelly.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12079 on: March 29, 2015, 03:30:03 pm »
Man Pappy I cant wait to get back down to the Classic, me and some Pa guys and gals will be rollin in Thursday...I gotta glance through all your pictures in this, Life is Good section from time to time to keep from getting withdrawl...I love the Classic!

Bill you bringing  blackhawk ? Cause thats along way out of my way to get him!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #12080 on: March 29, 2015, 08:32:34 pm »
I wish we could Guy..but the trucks gonna be full..4 Seats with 4 butts already in em...lol
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12081 on: March 30, 2015, 05:34:33 am »
Great to hear Bill, had another call from central PA. yesterday, some folks coming down, going to have a big showing from there. Very cool. Use to be MI. had the biggest showing from the great white North but I think PA. may take over the title this year. Had a great weekend, it is amazing how much I can get done when not distracted, Guess everyone thought I was gone so I was by my lonesome Friday and Saturday morning, I did have Brian and Hunter show up for the youth Turkey hunt but other than that I had the place all to myself. I left about noon and Miss Joanie went and spent the evening and way up into the night in Nashville, great food/company/conversation and a very good concert by Bob Segar, we had a great time ,at least I did and I feel pretty sure she did also.. ;) :) :) I did get the long half of the shop ready for the classic, also the napping pit. I got all the Hickory ready to floor tiller, we won't have but 10 or 12 this year but that should be fine, most prefer yellow wood anyway. ;) I got my bow rack/storage bow[thanks again Joe York] put up over the arrow building bench. Joe won it a few years back at the Classic but had no room so he gifted it to me. :) Finally found a good place for it. I also got the Shadow box with the Thunder chert heads for 2014 napping challenge put up in the napping pit ,all but one. ??? The winning one is on an arrow that I never got a chance to put through and animal last season so it will stay out until it gets properly used then put in the box. I also got the upper gate opened up and the old fence torn down.I'm planning an opening a couple of feet wider to help these folks with the big campers. I got all the post cut and the split rails split and ready to put back up so had a very productive day and a half. Here are a few pictures of the weekend.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:01:07 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12082 on: March 30, 2015, 05:40:08 am »
Shadow boxes all in place and looking good. The bow/storage rack up and the long benches and heating bending area all policed up and ready to mess up again. ;) ;)  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12083 on: March 30, 2015, 05:42:20 am »
Poles for the upper gate all cut and split. Should look nice when I get it finished. Sally found more bones on our fence post trip. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12084 on: March 30, 2015, 05:49:24 am »
The one long cedar is going to be the new flag pole. Doing some maintenance on the fans, lube and new belts. :) We might need them for the Classic but will for sure need them for the IBO world in July. :) Got the roof repaired over the Stove where we took the big tree out, had someone  ??? :o that has been going to do that all winter and spring along with the one on the old target shed,but for some reason it hasn't been done, so I just done it myself. ;) :) Got the stove all cleaned and ready if we need it during the classic and the napping put picked up and in pretty good shape. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12085 on: March 30, 2015, 05:58:06 am »
Hunter came to the farm for his last Youth hunt, he has been doing it there for 7 or 8 years but this was his last. :( they grow up fast. :)He Ended it nicely 24 lb Tom 10 inch beard and 1 1/4 spurs. Very well done Hunter. [Right above the pond] Eddie/Dave. ;) :) Miss Joanie and I  had a good time also. Bob was as good as ever[ a little grayer] at 69 I hope I hold up like that. You could close you eyes and never know it wasn't him back in the late 60's. We were in box seats and very close to the stage. Very cool. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:05:39 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #12086 on: March 30, 2015, 07:28:48 am »
Looks like a great weekend. Good to see you take Miss Joanie out. Glad you had a good time. Never got a picture Pappy of the concession stand lights. If you get back down there and think about it send it to me. Tell Hunter congrats if you see him before I do. Nice bird. They do grow up fast for sure. Looking forward to coming down next week.

David

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12087 on: March 30, 2015, 07:59:49 am »
The place looks great Pappy.  Thanks for all the hard work you and your crew do getting everything ready.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12088 on: March 30, 2015, 09:38:38 am »
Pappy:  Life is what you make it and you have done as good a job of that as anyone I know! ;D I bet stepping out with Miss Joanie to a Concert is a fun time!  I am waiting on some information about the possible trip to the Yukon this summer and if it don't work out I will try to make the classic. It just seems to get bigger and better every year!  Am finishing up on some things for donations.  Trying to get a cow buffalo skull ready to send to Iowa John for the Station.  I like Jon's idea of a trade blanket.  Bet that young man thinks himself a member of the farm!  Your pup has turned into a beautiful dog!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12089 on: March 30, 2015, 09:50:18 am »
Thanks Joe, hope it works out, by the way did you see the bow rack you gave me a few years back, you got lots of stuff hanging around that place also. :) :) Ya Sally has turned out to be a great camp dog. I think everyone will love her like they did Sadie and Hannah once they get to spend some time with her this year.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good