Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669949 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12090 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:33 am »
Pappy, is that the new kitchen at Twin Oaks in the pic above Bob Segar you posted?   ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12091 on: March 30, 2015, 10:24:00 am »
No that's the box we were in to see him, wet bar and some very plush seats. :) Of course she didn't care anything about the bar but she did like the seats. ;) :) :) I kind of enjoyed the bar
and the seats were OK. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #12092 on: March 30, 2015, 10:38:22 am »
Wow, you were deffintly busy this weekend, Would have taken me all week to just clean up the knappin pit, Everything looks great. Bob

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #12093 on: March 30, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »
Most of the time when I go to the Classic., I enjoy the good company, fellow bowyers, lots of shooting, and good food. This year my #1 favorite thing about it may be the Warmer weather and green foliage....We have barely made it over 50 degrees here in Northwestern Pa this year...I may just sit in a lawn chair in the sun with a cold adult beverage in my hand the whole time....lol...In all seriousness I really appreciate all the hard work you guys and gals at Twin Oaks put into this event each year....Every year gets better and better
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12094 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:12 am »
I hope you see the sun the WHOLE time Bill. ;) :) Got a little more done to the staves last evening and picked up behind some that must have been there since I left Saturday.  >:( ???  [hint Boo and cedar ]  ;) Hard to keep that place straight with the bunch I run with. :-\ We are pouring the concrete for the new bridge this evening so if all goes good we may just have it finished by the Classic, hoping to anyway. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #12095 on: March 31, 2015, 02:16:53 pm »
24 days
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12096 on: March 31, 2015, 02:50:51 pm »
Its about time you got in on the countdown, Mr. G.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12097 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »
24 days

The Bear has come out of hibernation!! :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline BearG

« Reply #12098 on: March 31, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »
Not a count down, just reminding myself it's only that long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12099 on: April 01, 2015, 04:58:34 am »
Thanks anyway Bear what ever you do it for. ;) :) Everyone looks forward to it. :) Had a great evening, we got the concrete poured for the pillars on the new bridge so now we can move forward with that project with the cross poles. We had concrete left over so we poured our pad for the shooting house, ??? yes I know it is an archery club but I like to have a place where friends can zero a gun if they want, very few places to do that anymore. :o  We also poured a new pad at the registration window beside the shop entrance. It always gets sloppy under the window and in that area with all the traffic from registration and going in and out from the shop to my fridge, ;) ;D ;D  so now it will be on concrete, no more slop. ;) :) :) We plan on rigging and setting the new flag pole this weekend along with many many other little projects, Bear's reminder of days until the Classic will really get us fired up to get ready. I HOPE.Yipes. I also got a call from Jessie yesterday, his Grand Mother passed and he is going to be state side late this week, if all goes well he is coming to the Cabin for a day or so to visit and chill out, hope it works out, love to see that boy. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #12100 on: April 01, 2015, 06:23:16 pm »
Well 23 days and Seabass and I will be there. Can't believe it is so close, but seems a long way off at the same time. Can't wait to see all my PA family, and hope to see some new faces.

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #12101 on: April 01, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »
Hope to have a beer or 2...or 10...with ya Bear
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline BearG

« Reply #12102 on: April 01, 2015, 10:13:40 pm »
Hope to have a beer or 2...or 10...with ya Bear
Well of course that will happen.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #12103 on: April 02, 2015, 01:02:33 am »
All Bear's beer belongs to me.   ;D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12104 on: April 02, 2015, 05:19:26 am »
You mean the other way around don't you Jon. :o ;) :) Checked out the concrete pour yesterday, looking good so far. Also got a few more of my list checked off. Hope to have a good showing this weekend for the meeting/working despite Turkey season opening and Easter Sunday, probably won't get much help :-\ ,but Hoping the guys will go on and kill their Turkeys and then maybe come and pitch us a hand, ::) not likely but you never know I have been surprised before. ;) :) Either way we have a good core group that will get it done. :) We were supposed to have a club shoot also but this winter that drug on and on got us behind on the range so no shoot this weekend but may try and get the range set, it has to be done before the Classic anyway. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good