Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671216 times)

Offline Bone pile

Re: Life is good
« Reply #12165 on: April 13, 2015, 07:51:46 am »
man those shrooms look good ,I miss eating them every spring.
Boe
Venice Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12166 on: April 13, 2015, 09:26:20 am »
Great to see Jesse again. I wish he could be at the Classic. He looks more grown up these days. Marriage must be good for him.  8)
  Not long now til the Classic. I've already started staging all my stuff to bring.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Patches

« Reply #12167 on: April 13, 2015, 09:31:16 am »
Nice fine on the mushrooms!  Me and my stepson went yesterday for the first time.  found about 40.  Sun is supposed to come out today so this evening should be better hunting.

"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12168 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:59 pm »
Thanks for all the pics and for sharing them with us !
Good stuff for sure
Glad you got so much good time with Jesse
My thought also Pat    that boy is all grown up

Getting real excited to get there now
See ya soon
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #12169 on: April 13, 2015, 12:54:16 pm »
Pappy, i had a "off site training" come up for work, so i am not sure if i will be able to make the Classic this year.
I am trying to work it where I can fly in to Nashville and Rocky can pick me up there. There's still hope.
K. Hills

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12170 on: April 13, 2015, 02:21:37 pm »
Kevin, You'll certainly be missed if you're not at The Classic.  Hope you can make it work!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12171 on: April 13, 2015, 02:49:44 pm »
Looks like a really great weekend.  I've begun packing my stuff and getting my projects wrapped up.  Getting close.
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12172 on: April 13, 2015, 03:27:21 pm »
Steve, are you gonna bring your horn bow you are building? Might be able to get some pointers from James Parker about your progress...plus, I like to see it too.   ;)
 Is Angie coming with you this year? I'm sure you'll have plenty of room for her in that tent complex you use.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Rocky

« Reply #12173 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:22 pm »
We're working on Kevin, Matt. Because NOBODY should miss the Classic! Best shoot in the WORLD. We're building Michigan brats next week to bring south with us. It will be fun! >:D >:D

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12174 on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:27 pm »
Steve, are you gonna bring your horn bow you are building? Might be able to get some pointers from James Parker about your progress...plus, I like to see it too.   ;)
 Is Angie coming with you this year? I'm sure you'll have plenty of room for her in that tent complex you use.  ;D

She is planning on it Pat, but it can be touch and go with her.  I'm REALLY hoping!  I'm still going on the hornbow project but screwed up my first attempts at bending the laths.  No matter, though.  Just got to try again!  I've got more material.  I'm looking forward to seeing you soon, buddy.
1’—>1’

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12175 on: April 13, 2015, 09:15:26 pm »
Some of you have heard me talk of a young man that is very dear to my heart, Isaac.  He is serving our country and currently is stationed at Fort Campbell, just down the road from Twin Oaks.  Isaac is going to try to get over there for the Classic, but he might need somewhere to toss his sleeping bag.  Can anyone find a corner for him to rack out?

Thanks,
John
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12176 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:46 pm »
John, I'll probably have room in my tent. My traveling partner bailed out today.  When will Isaac be coming? I'm sure he can find me easy enough.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12177 on: April 14, 2015, 05:17:07 am »
Yep been looking for him to show up since you told me about him JW, but haven't got to meet him yet, We will try and take care of him if he shows up. Just tell him to look some of us old guys up and we will handle it one way or the other. :) Dang Kevin I hope it works out, just wouldn't be the same with out you smiling face, now Rocky, that's another question.  ;) ;D ;D
Hope this rain goes on and gets it out of it system, sure wet around here right now. Got lots to do but to wet to do it. :( Supposed to clear out by the weekend, sure Hope so. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #12178 on: April 14, 2015, 05:20:47 am »
Wow! What an amazing visit!
 Thank you pappy for accommodating my last minute visit.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12179 on: April 14, 2015, 05:32:28 am »
JW and his young then friend, Isaac made a visit to our place some time ago and I was very impressed with Isaac.  Hope to met up with him at the Classic!  In the mean time I am slowly getting ready for my "Classic Road Trip"!  Am looking forward to seeing all of you special people!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight