Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669982 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12180 on: April 14, 2015, 06:58:07 am »
It was my pleasure Jesse, Looking forward to seeing you also Joe. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12181 on: April 14, 2015, 07:54:04 am »
JW and his young then friend, Isaac made a visit to our place some time ago and I was very impressed with Isaac.  Hope to met up with him at the Classic!  In the mean time I am slowly getting ready for my "Classic Road Trip"!  Am looking forward to seeing all of you special people!  Joe

Glad to hear you are coming, Joe.  Look forward to talking to you about the summer.
1’—>1’

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #12182 on: April 14, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »
Pappy and Matt, i made it happen... I am flying from WI to Nashville on Thurday. i just need to work out the details of Rocky picking me up at or near the airport. i am not sure if they will let a Yankee bus in the airport. K. Hills

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12183 on: April 14, 2015, 02:24:55 pm »
Hooray!  (Sorry, that sounded kinda Yankee-like)  How about,

Yeeee Hawww!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12184 on: April 14, 2015, 04:51:07 pm »
Time I get done meeting all the new folks I wount be able to remember who I am !!
Fun times for sure!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Otis

« Reply #12185 on: April 14, 2015, 05:33:53 pm »
Kevin, I'll be there Wednesday sometime, so, we'll make sure you get picked up. If the bus isn't allowed we can use my vehicle. I had a great time this past weekend at Twin Oaks. Been busy since I got home and haven't had time to type a message. Thanks for letting me work my rent off Pappy. :)  Just glad the next trip down is not as long as the last.  It was great seeing Jessie again, I miss him at the farm.  He is a fine young man.
I'll finish the rest of my rent when I get back down Pappy.  Let me know if you need anything else before I come.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12186 on: April 15, 2015, 05:39:54 am »
Kevin that is great news, so glad it worked out, I got a truck also so no sweat on the pick up. ;) :) Enjoyed it also Dave and that rent will come in handy on them dark nights. ;) :) I'm with you Guy, I hardly remember my own name as it is.  :) :) Matt  that did sound a little Yankee- like ;) ;D ;D yee hawww much better. ;) :) I have to be careful here seems the big majority of folks at the Classic are Yanks. :) :) It's what I call mending fence's , I am a peace maker ya know, ;)  Ya right. ;) ;D ;D ;D It is pretty cool though if you think about it, how so many people come from so many different places and ways of life and never a cross word do you here ,much less a fight. :) That says a lot about the folks we hang with. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12187 on: April 15, 2015, 09:22:48 am »
Got a package yesterday from Eric, he said he was sending some of his tiller gismo's, but I didn't know he was sending a box full. :) Thanks Eric they will be well utilized at the Classic I assure you, he also had a note that said their was a special one of Osage in the box, ;) :) :) well it has Pappy on it now. :) Thanks again much appreciated, Wished you could make it, maybe you will be all healed up and make it next year. We sure hope so :)
  pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12188 on: April 15, 2015, 09:24:24 am »
Kevin that is great news, so glad it worked out, I got a truck also so no sweat on the pick up. ;) :) Enjoyed it also Dave and that rent will come in handy on them dark nights. ;) :) I'm with you Guy, I hardly remember my own name as it is.  :) :) Matt  that did sound a little Yankee- like ;) ;D ;D yee hawww much better. ;) :) I have to be careful here seems the big majority of folks at the Classic are Yanks. :) :) It's what I call mending fence's , I am a peace maker ya know, ;)  Ya right. ;) ;D ;D ;D It is pretty cool though if you think about it, how so many people come from so many different places and ways of life and never a cross word do you here ,much less a fight. :) That says a lot about the folks we hang with. :)
   Pappy

Your right Pappy, that's why it's so refreshing to attend these kind of events. This is the way things should be in this world. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12189 on: April 16, 2015, 06:01:52 am »
Man the rain just won't stop, hope it gets all rained out before the Classic, ??? ::) well if you are going to wish you just well wish big. ;) Got a few more things cleaned and ready in the shop yesterday and Miss Joanie and I are headed to Sam's for the first of 2 loads of supplies for the kitchen. We are hoping to get a lot done this weekend, either way /rain or shine it has to get done so I told the guys bring your rain gear and boots. ;) :) :) Dang I am a hard A$$. ??? who me. ;) :) ;D They all know how I get just before the Classic and I guess they understand because they just keep coming back for more.  :o
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #12190 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:40 am »
When I made Pappy's gizmos, I used up the last of my second box of 100 5/16" brass nuts. That means I have given away close to 200 gizmos since I came up with the idea. I guess I could sell them but it is more fun giving them away. Before anyone asks for one, I only give them away on a whim now, to people I see working on a bow at shoots. I gave away a lot of them early on to people who were "thinking" about making a bow but never got done with the thinking or moved on to the building.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12191 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:39 am »
Thanks for the Gizmo, Eric and for your generosity with the Gizmos and in our bow building addiction.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12192 on: April 17, 2015, 05:43:36 am »
Friday again and the weather is looking a little better, I am still sick with a cold and cat hear squat this morning but at least my energy is back. Miss Joanie made our first run to Sam's yesterday for supplies for the Classic, it usually takes at least 2 runs and then forget or run out of something anyway, ;) :)Got it all put away so I think the kitchen area and supplies are close to being ready. We have a meeting and working in the morning and if the weather hold we should be getting close to finished. Probably won't have much time in the shop for the next couple of weeks/I tell the guys the next few weeks are for yall, we get to do this stuff all the time, some of them listen and get it and some don't. ??? ::) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. I week from today for me. ;) :) Life is Good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12193 on: April 17, 2015, 06:48:04 am »
Pappy:  You always manage to have everything ready for the crowd and we all really appreciate the effort you and Miss Joanie and the gang make for us to enjoy!  I am really scrambling to get ready for the trip!  My wife and I spent the day the other day hiking the mountains hunting horns in 60 degree weather and the next day it snowed two foot and drifted.  Spent yesterday plowing out so we could make a run to town.  The buffalo on the ranch are calving and its a good thing they are so tough or they would not survive this storm!  Spring in Wyoming can make for bad roads so hoping to find good sailing by the end of the month!  Thanks again for all your effort for all of us!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12194 on: April 17, 2015, 08:16:58 am »
Thanks for all you do Pappy
Tell Miss Joanie thanks
Let the folks know we are grateful they let us come enjoy a wee bit of what they have as most of us out here don't have anything like it!!
Thank you Twin Oaks and company !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !