Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669597 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12975 on: December 14, 2015, 09:56:18 am »
Glad you enjoy Bob, I always see you on almost as early as me and looking before I get the pictures up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12976 on: December 14, 2015, 05:47:20 pm »
Looks like fun pappy! And I finally got to see you in a picture doing something besides work! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12977 on: December 15, 2015, 03:48:08 am »
Ya Patrick , I am the picture taker so don't get in many. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12978 on: December 15, 2015, 08:44:14 am »
Mark, Miss Heather won't let me put anymore skins in my freezer.  I need to frame up and scrape a couple of hides.  What size do you make your frames for whitetails?
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12979 on: December 15, 2015, 12:53:44 pm »
Mark, Miss Heather won't let me put anymore skins in my freezer.  I need to frame up and scrape a couple of hides.  What size do you make your frames for whitetails?

+1?

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12980 on: December 15, 2015, 04:04:07 pm »
You need a bigger freezer Matt.  I have one in the garage and the wife is afraid to look in it.  When she found a beaver head in our kitchen freezer she thought it was best that I get one for my stuff.

Pappy,  all of your ax handle work has me in the mood to make a few for some of the heads I picked up this summer. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12981 on: December 15, 2015, 04:26:21 pm »
You're right Clintster.  However, I have on large chest in the garage for her fruit, one large chest in the basement for our meat, a side by side refridgideezer in the kitchen and an over/under refridgideezer in the basement also.  The power company loves me already.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12982 on: December 15, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »
Matt, pretty soon you'll be able to keep them outside...at least until spring.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12983 on: December 16, 2015, 04:59:12 am »
yes I have lots of freezers also Matt, 2 for nothing but Hides/wings/snakes/brains and any other dead critter I think I might be able to use at some point. ;) :) We didn't get a chance this year like we did last year to work up my Turkey wings so I have about 60 pain in one freezer and at least 15 to 20 deer hides in another, ya the electric company loves me also. ??? I will have to measure Matt but I think most are 6x6 and 1  7x7 for larger hides also have a small one about 3x3. Just lay out you biggest hide and measure it leaving about 10 or 12 inches around it for stretching and lacing, it really can't be to big, just takes more lacing. Be sure to brace them good on the corners because after the hide is stretched wet and then begins to dry it will pull hard on the frame. :) Clint I know what you mean, I am out of ax heads so yesterday I was looking through my log splitting tools and found 3 old splitting mauls that need handles so that's my plan now is to make some for them. :) I put tru oil on the Walnut and Osage handles yesterday and man do they look good also stained the Hickory with Walnut stain and sealed, it really brought out the grain in the Hickory and looks great also. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12984 on: December 16, 2015, 10:17:22 am »
I am a tool nut and bad about buying out folks wood shops when someone gets tired of them our someone in the family passes, I bought out one 4 or 5 years ago and unloaded the stuff in my shop at work because I have no room at the Cabin shop or at home. ??? I did take the Joiner and drill press home but left the other stuff in the shop at work. I decided yesterday to get it checked out and haul home, turned out to be pretty cool tools, old Craftsman band saw 12 inch and table saw with all the accessories they had for one in them days, probable built in the 50's or early 60's . I got them all cleaned up and ready for the inside shop at the club. Should be handy. This make 3 table saws and 4 band saws, guess a man can't have to many. ;) ;D ;D Miss Joanie says I am addicted and need help. :) My name is Pappy and I am addicted to tools, :( there that is the first step, admitting you have a problem.  ::) ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12985 on: December 16, 2015, 12:42:14 pm »
Pappy, we'll come and help you with your addiction.  ;)  Tell Miss Joanie that you will be in good hands!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12986 on: December 16, 2015, 12:59:46 pm »
Those are some cool old saws Pappy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline oschroe

« Reply #12987 on: December 16, 2015, 01:41:49 pm »
Remember, when it's all over, the man with the most tools wins!

Woody
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12988 on: December 16, 2015, 02:23:36 pm »
Pappy:  My wife has claimed for years that I plan to build something for which I have NO tools and that's the reason I have so many now!  When I built my large shop out in Battle Ground, WA. I figured I would be able finally to lay out and discover just what tools I had.  Well, that did not work as all the sudden I had lots of room for more new tools.  Its just the way we are!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12989 on: December 17, 2015, 06:43:33 am »
Hey, Woody, my wife says when it's all over it's time for a big Yard Sale.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?