Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670858 times)

paulc and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13110 on: January 21, 2016, 04:34:49 am »
Just saw on the News that Yall will be having a Big Nor'Easter dump on You pretty good. Put another Log on the fire and pour a cup of coffee, and enjoy Natures beauty. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13111 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:41 am »
Ya Bob depending on who you listen to they are calling for 4 to 9 1/2 inches, only 1 knows for sure and he ant telling. ;) :) It don't matter to me. It isn't supposed to come in until mid morning tomorrow and by that time I hope to be at the farm with a big fire going so it's all good. ;) May move some fire wood under the shop shed this evening so I won't have to dig wood and try and get my fire going with wet wood, other than that I will be set. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13112 on: January 22, 2016, 03:52:23 am »
Well it's Friday and we are getting blasted, sleet/freezing rain and snow on the way, they say in my area 6-9 possible, that's bad in my world. ;) I hope to get out of here early today but with 50+ trucks out on the road who knows what this day may hold. :-\ I am headed to the cabin  when I do get away and hope to have a peaceful weekend in the bow shop. We are supposed to have a TwinOaks meeting and a memorial service for King Ron in the morning /shoot an Arrow and move his plaque from the current members board to the [Advanced Scouting party board] ,always a sad time when we do that but good to talk about him and remember the good times. Hope yall have a good one, stay safe. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13113 on: January 22, 2016, 08:24:25 am »
Hunker down Pappy. We have 6" already and they are calling for 15 hours more to go. Up to 15" possible. Now, that's a snow!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13114 on: January 22, 2016, 09:08:30 am »
I would like to be there for the King Ron ceremony.  He always treated me like we were old friends.  The weather has been just the opposite here.  No snow to speak of.  That is because I bought a new snow machine and sure enough NO SNOW!  Hope to use it to hunt horns this year.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13115 on: January 22, 2016, 11:43:36 am »
Pappy, Erie is supposedly leading again this yr. for snow fall amounts for citys with  over 100,000 pop. You know I'm all about sharing so help your self to snow, sure won't make me mad. Big storm is supposed to go just south of us and no snow predicted here ;D. Lake Erie not even close to being frozen over yet so wind could change dump on us yet :o. I know you will be alright with a nice fire and all them deer brats and steaks just waiting to cooked up, What times supper? ;D  Bob

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13116 on: January 23, 2016, 10:08:24 am »
We dodged a lot of it here. Will have a good tracking snow today. Roads are just too icy for a southern boy. Had yote tracks in the backyard this am. Camera will be out tonight.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13117 on: January 23, 2016, 10:49:56 am »
Chief, just chain up. Turns  icy back roads into summer blacktop :o ;D  Bob

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13118 on: January 23, 2016, 03:36:48 pm »
55 degrees, sunshine, no wind, and the only snow I see are patches where the sun does not reach....

You no good weather thieves taking all my good winter!  I am just aching to get out and do a rabbit hunt in the snow, but no....dang Rebs stealing all our lovely white snow!   >:(
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13119 on: January 23, 2016, 09:48:22 pm »
Have fun, JW, we can Bunny hunt at the beach.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13120 on: January 24, 2016, 05:31:12 am »
Have fun, JW, we can Bunny hunt at the beach.
wow just rub it in Eddie!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13121 on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:12 pm »
Yeah well, mullet, our weather keeps the riff-raff out.  After all, you ain't ever been here, right?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13122 on: January 24, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
...and you ought to see the riff-raff that travels to where Eddie lives this time of year.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13123 on: January 24, 2016, 04:30:48 pm »
You guys are crackin me up!  8) 8) ;D... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13124 on: January 25, 2016, 04:25:53 am »
Great cold snowy weekend, a little different than we are use to. We postponed The meeting and the ceremony for Ron until the 6th of Feb. because of the weather. It was a good weekend just the same. Worked in the shop but took one big step back on the Osage bow I have been working on[it blew] Yipes. O well as always just grab another piece and go at it again, it's not like it's the first I have blown up. ;) Beau and Christina came down to do some snow boarding, first time they have got to do that since they left WY. and had a ball. Here are some pictures of the fun.This was the start of it. Sally loves it. I got the last deer of the year[unless I find a road kill]  ;) :) cut up and ready for Miss Joanie to package. :) Turned out about 35 lbs of good clean steaks/roast/and stew meat plus the shoulders. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:58:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good