Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670821 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13245 on: February 22, 2016, 04:41:04 am »
Pappy:  Sweet Pea has grown up since I made that quiver for her.  Good she is still a frequent member.  Even with her dad there I think who ever said you are ruining her is probably right!  Thanks for posting the pictures of the farm.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13246 on: February 22, 2016, 06:15:10 am »
Yes she has Joe, still as sweet as ever. I haven't seen her as much as I use to but hopefully her getting a new bow and also Scott getting a new one I will see more of her in the future. ;) :) Kids have so much going on now days it is hard to keep them rounded up.  :o
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13247 on: February 22, 2016, 06:55:45 am »
You are a fine fellow, Pappy. You make us all proud to know ya, even just on the internet. Thanks for the pics and sharing your interesting life. No reply needed. I just like to express my gratitude, occasionally.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #13248 on: February 22, 2016, 07:36:33 pm »
You are a fine fellow, Pappy. You make us all proud to know ya, even just on the internet. Thanks for the pics and sharing your interesting life. No reply needed. I just like to express my gratitude, occasionally.

Amen
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13249 on: February 23, 2016, 04:31:15 am »
 :-[ :-[ Had a great time in the shop yesterday, bad day at work but that all went away when I got in the shop. ;) :) I got my trade bow off the form and it is looking pretty good at this point / done some stretching of the hide I am working and it is really softening up  and also got the strap mounted on my blow horn, 3 Braided hemp. ;)  Like the old Merle Haggard song go, "I can't say I had a good morning but man it's been a great afternoon" ;) :)
Love that song. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13250 on: February 26, 2016, 04:36:50 am »
Friday and I am so ready, computer is down here at work so I guess I can just go home, now that is sad. Got lots going on this weekend, got my trade bow that needs to be tillered, another powder horn and horn cup in the works and put another hide in the brains yesterday, also have a club meeting and working in the morning. Looks like the weather is going to be nice so should be a busy productive weekend. Hope y'all have a good one also. See ya Monday. Life is Good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Spotted Dog

« Reply #13251 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:28 am »
You know this is the first time I have read anything on this Life Is Good. It will not be my last. This is an encouragement to me to look
at my life as bad as pain gets a different way. Pappy, I wish I had a shop like yours.

Daniel
A three strand cord is not easily broken. Ecc.4:12

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13252 on: February 26, 2016, 11:22:54 am »
Be pretty cool to have people bring you signs for your post from the far out points, Pappy.  Good pictures.
1’—>1’

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #13253 on: February 26, 2016, 12:01:53 pm »
Be pretty cool to have people bring you signs for your post from the far out points, Pappy.  Good pictures.
  I really LIKE that idea.  If you make a really BIG Tall post Pappy with extra room on it, I'll try to get a sign started for our little clan of shavings and splinters makers here.

OneBow

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13254 on: February 29, 2016, 04:10:06 am »
That sounds like a great idea, I will see what I can come up with. ;) :) It was a great weekend, beautiful weather and got lots done around the farm. Here are a few pictures. Trade bow off the form and A few project almost finished. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13255 on: February 29, 2016, 04:12:12 am »
Another powder horn started, another hide in the brains and Jon made us some new bow racks that will come in very handy at the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13256 on: February 29, 2016, 04:14:20 am »
Bow racks installed, getting a hide ready after the first soaking and ringing out to pre smoke. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13257 on: February 29, 2016, 04:18:15 am »
New bow rack already in use.  ;) Works great, it will hold 32 bows .Sweet Pee showed up for the Saturday morning meeting and working along with a lot of the other members. Great showing. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13258 on: February 29, 2016, 04:20:32 am »
Some went to floor repair in the old target shed and some went to wood cutting. :) We also had some working on the practice range and target bails. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13259 on: February 29, 2016, 04:23:09 am »
More wood cutting and getting some new target bails in position on the small practice range.  :) Man that tractor and bucket comes in handy. ;) :) And of course always take a little time out for shooting. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good