Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671258 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13260 on: February 29, 2016, 04:25:47 am »
Then a little relaxing time around the fire with friends and family.  :) 3 of my horn projects finished. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13261 on: February 29, 2016, 04:28:28 am »
Sunday morning , just me and Sally looking at all we got done over the weekend and future  things we want or need to do. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13262 on: February 29, 2016, 04:31:18 am »
Nice pile of split ERC for fire starter and a pretty nice Minnie practice range for checking out new bows and warming up. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #13263 on: February 29, 2016, 09:05:29 am »
Pappy,
The highlight of my Monday morning is checking out your posts. Thank you for taking the time to do your posts and pictures. Although I have never been to Twin Oaks and never met you, I can see why Dave, Kevin and Chuck speak so highly of Twin Oaks. You have something special there!
Take care,
Brian

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13264 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:50 am »
Pappy, morning, the picture of the little girl in that great big chair is a classic, Your hides are lookin great, are you frame softing and are you using any heat source fan to help dry? I,m going to try and wait until we get some warm weather to soften this yr. Your horn projects are lookin great. We had our snowshoe shoot on Sat. just not much snow but temps were perfect high 30's a nice fire with chili. had about 30 shooters, Later bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13265 on: February 29, 2016, 11:31:10 am »
Thanks Brian , Glad you enjoy. I have never been to Hawkeye either but it is for sure on my bucket list, love them guys. No Bob I am stretching over my knees and on a cable I have strung up, it has been a challenge to get dry but have just tried to work around the rain, it may work anytime but by pre smoking it after the 2nd soaking and ringing out it lets me just roll it up and put it is a Wall mart bag sealed tight and put it in the fridge, then I can stretch and work it over several days if the weather is damp or rainy. It is a little more trouble because I have to sew it up a second time to do the final smoking but worth it to me , so if [when]  ;) I get side tracked as I do a lot, it's not a problem to just put it away and do it later. :) :) Sometimes takes me a week to get it dry doing a little at a time. That reminds me I got one to work on today when I get home. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13266 on: March 02, 2016, 04:50:45 am »
To wet yesterday to finish dry/stretching the hide I am working on or tiller on a bow so I started another powder horn and Rum flask . I am really enjoying this horn work, I need to get some info
on scrimshawing and try my hand at that, Like I need something else to do. ??? ;) :) Supposed to be dry today so back to my hide then rain Thursday, always good to have different things going on with the weather in Tennessee.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:10:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #13267 on: March 02, 2016, 06:55:21 am »
  Pappy, I don't know how you find time to do 1/4 of the stuff you do.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13268 on: March 03, 2016, 04:25:08 am »
Just stay moving Steve. ;) :) Yesterday was one of them days when I had a lot going all at once. Seemed I just moved from one to the other while I was letting glue dry or something to warm up on the stove or it was just time to do something else for a little while. ??? It was a beautiful dry cool day yesterday and I found myself with 4 projects going on at the same time, I was stretching and drying my hide, mixing brains for another to start today, also tillering on my trade bow, I got it out to 38@18 and looking fine right now. :) Working on another Rum flask and then Bill showed up and we finished  the new ax tree we started a few weeks back for all my hawks and ax's. It turned out pretty cool, just need a bigger tree  ??? ;) Yep busy day and man does time fly it was dark before I knew it. ;) Supposed to rain most of today so maybe I will just work on the Rum flask this evening. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #13269 on: March 03, 2016, 11:52:06 am »
At the end of the day you should be working on emptying the rum flask ;D ;D

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13270 on: March 03, 2016, 09:57:12 pm »
At the end of the day you should be working on emptying the rum flask ;D ;D

Now that's a better idea DC!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13271 on: March 04, 2016, 03:32:27 am »
Sounds good Pappy ! I've been cussin' the snow Gods again. Just got out of My driveway last Saturday after a snow storm and Tuesday got another 12 inches of snow dumped on Us  >:( ! I'm hoping to be out today, My driveway is a MESS ! Was 57 degrees Sunday and it's 8 degrees this morning. Come on Spring ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13272 on: March 04, 2016, 05:04:05 am »
I hear ya Bob, I talked to Gary Monday and said he couldn't get out of his drive, I told him he needed to buy a real truck. ;) and get out of that VW. ::) We use to have a hunt at LBL[Land between the lakes ] the week after Christmas and all my Yankee buddies came in, one year it came a big snow and all of the guys from MI./NY were in vans/cars and 2 wheel drive pick ups. The only 4 wheel drives there were us Southern boys, ??? go figure.  ;) :) That sound like a plan DC. ;) :) Friday and ready to get out of here, got no major plans for the weekend except working on and just maybe finishing some of the projects I have going now, I do plan on trying to get my trade bow shooting and finishing up another hide. I put one more in the soak yesterday so it should be ready to pre smoke today and got the 2nd rum flask finished and ready to seal the outside. We will probably cut a little more wood but mostly just want to relax. Hope yall have a good one, supposed to be beautiful weather here so we should. ;) See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #13273 on: March 04, 2016, 06:09:47 am »
Up north we done engage the 4wd until we get at least 2 feet. That "big snow" was just a dusting for us. :-)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13274 on: March 07, 2016, 04:08:21 am »
I hear ya Glenn. ;) :) :) Great weekend, still didn't get my trade bow tillered /to many side tracks but did manage to get another hide ready for final smoke and 1 ready to start stretching and drying. Also got the rum flask I am making for Beau finished. We had beautiful weather and got several things done in preparation for the up coming shoot and the Classic. Here are a few pictures.  ;)Plugging the Rum flask, also my trade bow, that is where it hung all weekend. kept thinking I would get time but never happened. :o :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good