Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670206 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13395 on: April 13, 2016, 04:19:28 am »
Ya our quite time in the camp ground ;) :) [Eddie/ Rocky/Otis] Got some more stuff done around the Cabin yesterday, Jon painted the registration area and I got most everything found and put back in it place, looks nice, thanks Jon. I also gathered all the plaques so we can brand then this weekend. I put up our pin maps and just some general cleaning. Bill and Linda got the rest of the mulch racked out and hauled another load or 2 of fire wood to the camping areas, the place is beginning to look Classic ready.
Miss Joanie are making our first Sam's run today to stock, we will do that again next week and that should do it. Takes a lot of food and supplies to support this bunch. ;) :) I get home and have a large box full of goodies from Joe York, :) man that is some nice stuff Joe, much appreciated, bad thing is it is going to cost me a lot of money at the raffle table.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13396 on: April 13, 2016, 08:18:33 am »
The "Little Woman" and I just realized, we'll be heading down in a week and a half!  Better get packin'.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13397 on: April 13, 2016, 10:29:32 am »
Ya it's almost on us, when do yall plan on coming in Matt ? You know you get there to early I may put you to work. ;) :) I also have a freezer fullllllllll of Turkey wings we need to trim if we have time the early part of the week.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #13398 on: April 13, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »
9 days!!  Can't wait
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13399 on: April 14, 2016, 04:31:49 am »
Can't wait Bear, got the first of the groceries bought and put away yesterday, got one more trip and should have enough to feed all the folks. We have a meeting and working Saturday and I hope to get everything finished up. ??? T shirts are supposed to be in today, hope yall like them , they are a bit different than any color we have had before.  I will surprise you on that. ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #13400 on: April 14, 2016, 12:19:58 pm »
Pink?  Looks like I have it all worked out. I switched weekends with a guy at work, so I should be there my usual Saturday before. It has become a small tradition to set up a tent on Saturday and watch as the area gradually fills up. Osage Outlaw usually rolls in a day or two after me, then Stringman and Dave. Before you know it, our campsite is complete. Stringman has the biggest skillet I have ever seen, and it sure comes in handy. Many a pound of bacon has been sizzled on that thing. Well, I better hush. I'm wishing I was there already! :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13401 on: April 15, 2016, 05:24:56 am »
Ya Pink Greg, that's it. ::) ;) Great I am glad you are coming early, I will put you to work as usual. ;)
Friday and lots to finish up this weekend. We have a meeting and working tomorrow and hope to get all or at least most of the loose end tied up. The ranges are basically set all but the practice range, just need a little tweaking and more marking to show the way. Concessions is set up and registration is ready to go. Also the bow shop and Napping pit are looking good. We plane on putting up signage and a little more landscaping and we should be ready. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13402 on: April 16, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »
Pappy, Ryan O and I should be pulling in on Mondayso put me on your work detail, Bob

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13403 on: April 16, 2016, 10:50:57 pm »
Pink?  Looks like I have it all worked out. I switched weekends with a guy at work, so I should be there my usual Saturday before. It has become a small tradition to set up a tent on Saturday and watch as the area gradually fills up. Osage Outlaw usually rolls in a day or two after me, then Stringman and Dave. Before you know it, our campsite is complete. Stringman has the biggest skillet I have ever seen, and it sure comes in handy. Many a pound of bacon has been sizzled on that thing. Well, I better hush. I'm wishing I was there already! :)

I'll be there Sunday evening before dark Greg.  Dave won't be with Scott this year.  He had something come up that he couldn't miss I think.  We will have to pick up the slack cooking.  And eating  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Stringman

« Reply #13404 on: April 17, 2016, 08:14:18 am »
Never known food to go to waste down there. I should be rolling in after dark on Tues.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13405 on: April 18, 2016, 04:27:35 am »
I am sure we will find something to eat. ;) Great weekend and beautiful weather, hope it will hold for a couple more weeks. ;) I had no time in the shop but we got most everything ready to go for the Classic, all the ranges are set, all the trophies are ready and most of the clean up is done, all we need is friends to show up and enjoy. Here are few pictures of the weekend. Maps up and registration all painted and ready.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:31:58 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13406 on: April 18, 2016, 04:29:23 am »
Ranges set with some pretty cool shots, We put out close to 80 targets for a 40 target shoot, should be fun and nice to look at. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13407 on: April 18, 2016, 04:31:14 am »
 Blue bird house with a sign to please not shoot.  :o Putting together the Trophies and Beau supervising. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13408 on: April 18, 2016, 04:34:03 am »
Some of the area and big tent up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13409 on: April 18, 2016, 04:36:58 am »
More of the range and then all the honors that have been given us over the years on a display in the concession area. Hope yall had a good one, not much time for pictures this weekend. We were just a little busy. ;) :) See yall in a week or so. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good