Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670055 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13980 on: October 10, 2016, 05:00:12 am »
More shooting. BigA came in with a nice doe. Little John fixing to fire off the 50 cal. he bought at the yard sale, it shot great. Will starting a new bow, glad to see him back around. :) He has been very very busy with that new baby. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13981 on: October 10, 2016, 05:02:35 am »
Will getting the bow on the form. Little John with his pistol complete. Me working on 2 lanyards for my new horns and getting the sealer on the powder horn. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13982 on: October 10, 2016, 05:04:51 am »
Jon making another string. Me getting the pins put in my blow horn for the lanyard to attach. :) Ready to seal and blow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13983 on: October 10, 2016, 05:07:47 am »
 My horns finished and Will's deer, congrats Will. That's it for the weekend, I spent Sunday with the Baggett family, had about 100 from all over show up. It was great to get to see them, only see most of them about once a year so that is all ways a pleasure. ;) Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :) 
Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:22:36 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13984 on: October 10, 2016, 07:32:35 am »
Glad you had a good weekend and family reunion. Glad to hear the collar is helping maybe sister will really turn out to be a great dog. It sounds like she's adventurous. Sorry about the doe looks about like my arrow know the feeling. Where did you come up with all the horn from? You must have an awesome supply. Thanks for sharing the good life.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13985 on: October 10, 2016, 07:39:06 am »
I Had some good friends from Florida [ Shane and Chris ] that come up with Eddie every year in November to hunt with me for a week bring them to me, Shan's family raises cows down there and he knew I liked horns for many projects so he brought me a bunch. Hope he brings me a few more this year I am getting low. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #13986 on: October 10, 2016, 09:41:55 am »
Very nice turkey call Pappy.That one's highly sought after by call collectors and would bring a pretty penny on ebay, don't know if you can put a price on friendship though, seems to me that makes the call priceless.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13987 on: October 10, 2016, 10:17:51 am »
Yep it will go in the cabin with a lot of other old stuff, Guess Beau can do what he wants with my stuff when I am gone. Probably have a big yard sale. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13988 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:29 pm »
Thank you for letting me come down and I had an awesome time as usual. I'm glad you like the call. Sure was fun shooting that rifle!

Hey I took a BUNCH of photos of the camp and the meals and stuff and put them up on my imgur gallery if anyone wants to see them.

http://imgur.com/gallery/jT6BS

Thanks!
-"Little" John

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13989 on: October 10, 2016, 02:26:41 pm »
Congratulations guys, fine looking Does. I heard Shane's working on getting more horns and tell Little John to dump that Pyrodex and get some real powder :).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13990 on: October 10, 2016, 02:47:06 pm »
Congratulations guys, fine looking Does. I heard Shane's working on getting more horns and tell Little John to dump that Pyrodex and get some real powder :).

Considering that pyrodex smells like a gutshot when I'm cleaning the rifle I'm open to suggestions :D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13991 on: October 11, 2016, 04:05:48 am »
That would be great Eddie, ;) Little John you left your powder horn, I put another coat of sealer on it yesterday, it will be there when you return. ;) Sister ran off again yesterday, hope she is back when I get there today :( they are cutting beans so she may get ate up by that big machine. :) Don't know what I am going to do with her, it is so aggravating. >:(  I went and pulled my trail cam from below the barn yesterday, been there 10 days and had 303 pictures, 4 different bucks and lots of does, guess I need to get down there in the next day or 2 and hunt that stand. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13992 on: October 11, 2016, 04:14:57 am »
Thanks for posting the pictures  Little John, very cool. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13993 on: October 11, 2016, 04:39:26 am »
Sorry to hear that Sally is still rangeing. I guess the best you can hope for is that she learns how to get home as she expands her territory. You might try to use the collar to train her to come to a loud whistle or the horn so at least you could give a good blast to let her know you want her back home. Sounds like she will be a good one if she survives life lessons.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13994 on: October 11, 2016, 05:05:03 am »
Ya Chief I am trying the collar and whistle now, but must not have the collar tight enough, the vibrate seems to work ok if she is close by but the shock don't seem to be doing anything, I checked it yesterday before I put it on her with the thingy they give you with it, it showed up to be working , but on her she don't even seem to notice, :-\ if she makes it back I will tighten it more and see if that helps.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good