Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670063 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14445 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:57 am »
I went to Buck Hollow last weekend? Saw yer boys, they had a crowd too. They were goin on about "where you and yer posse at"? I told em "i guess Mark had em all put to work"?

I been here and there. Hunting a bit, dogs are pairing up now. They either come hard or hardly at all during dog rut. I scratch out two self bows. One for a little girl, Gil knows in Kalifornia. She a relative of some sort. That bow came out of the stave I munched on band saw when I was all dizzy other weekend. turned out OK

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14446 on: February 09, 2017, 10:45:28 am »
I hear ya, I would love to make all of their shoots , I think a lot of them guys and we have donated a lot of stuff/targets to them to get going but I have told them when they have 1 a month and especially in the late winter and early spring we are supper busy trying to get things up and running here plus new projects, as much as I would love to go to all of them I have to put TwinOaks first, so I make the ones I can, just can't do them all. They will understand as the grow. They say they want to be like us, I tell them be careful what you wish for. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14447 on: February 10, 2017, 04:15:29 am »
FRIDAY, Ya. Been a long week and looking forward to getting to the farm. Got lots to do for sure but don't seem to be work when I am there. ;) We plan on putting up sheet rock in the kitchen and depending on how that goes several other thing to keep the project moving forward. I may get some time in the shop today before the supplies show up [hope so] still got 1 horn to finish up and a bow almost finished, just need a few more hours and just haven't had the time. Hope yall have a good one also, see ya Monday with a progress report. ;) :) :) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14448 on: February 13, 2017, 04:49:43 am »
Great weekend, weather was nice and had a little time in the shop and Bill/Scott and myself cut some wood Friday but most of it was spent on the Kitchen up grade and we moved forward pretty good, long day Saturday 7-7 and had several of the regulars show up to work. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Bill laying out a new Osage bow and came in with some very nice Leopard wood for projects around the shop[Knife scales in particular ] Me padding a  lanyard for my latest powder horn. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:17:23 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14449 on: February 13, 2017, 04:51:38 am »
Powder horn finished, I am getting quite the collection. Sister just checking things out as she always does. Making some plans for Saturday morning working. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14450 on: February 13, 2017, 04:53:29 am »
Started putting up the sheet rock and plans on the ceiling on the new half. Woody showed up with another one of his Mallets he made for Big A. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14451 on: February 13, 2017, 05:00:28 am »
First one had an Osage head the second had Hickory. Both  very nice. Finely got my latest Osage finished and ready for Miss Joanie to do some writing on it and seal. Someone ask about what I use to hook to the string of my bows on the tiller tree, this is what I use. :) Big A/ Bill and Myself were task with getting the gable ends covered and sealed up Saturday morning. We meet the task. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:18:23 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14452 on: February 13, 2017, 05:05:28 am »
We had 3 or 4 crews going, some inside, some out side on the new building and some painting and doing wiring on the target shed. We get a lot done when we split up and try and get everyone in an area they are comfortable with the work going on.  Team management 101.  ;) :) That is why the pay me the big bucks. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14453 on: February 13, 2017, 05:07:42 am »
Outside roof finished and Sheet rock and ceiling coming along nice. Sally just plum worn out by all that is going on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14454 on: February 13, 2017, 05:09:31 am »
Sheet rock up /electrical finished , ready to cut the new window. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14455 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:20 am »
We managed to get all the sheet rock up/the new ceiling in and now ready for the white board, hope to do some cleaning up this week and get the white board up next weekend at the meeting/working. Then we can start moving back in. We still will like the cabinets/counter tops and serving window but at least it will be functional. Then I wake up Sunday morning to Spring in Tennessee. I picked Miss Joanie a big bouquet and man did I get some brownie points for that, ;) and I really need them. ;) ;D ;D Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14456 on: February 13, 2017, 09:44:06 am »
I saw some yer Posse at OHLBC club on Sunday shooting with Dewayne and soame of his guys from BH. Brandon was there. Said the drywall was in! Now I see. Should be nice to cut meat in there when the weather dips next fall. Poplar looks good. Got Gil out the house and took him shooting as well.
See ya later this week!
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14457 on: February 13, 2017, 10:04:03 am »
Wow!  That new kitchen is really coming along quickly.  Looks like  you have room for a pizza oven in there.  A Pappy Pizza sounds good  ;D

That leopardwood looks amazing.  That will make some awesome knife scales.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14458 on: February 13, 2017, 11:09:21 am »
I saw some yer Posse at OHLBC club on Sunday shooting with Dewayne and soame of his guys from BH. Brandon was there. Said the drywall was in! Now I see. Should be nice to cut meat in there when the weather dips next fall. Poplar looks good. Got Gil out the house and took him shooting as well.
See ya later this week!

Man I completely forgot their shoot was this weekend. I live about three miles from there. I used to go shoot on the weekends before they became a private club.

I'll have to make the next one.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #14459 on: February 13, 2017, 10:51:44 pm »
Pappy,
I sure do enjoy seeing your posts about what you guys are doing at your club. I hear all good things about Twin Oaks from some of the Hawkeye Boys who have been there. Thank you for taking the time to post pictures every week. You have a very special place there.
Take care and God Bless,
Brian