Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670857 times)

paulc and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14460 on: February 14, 2017, 04:12:57 am »
Things are really moving along - lookin' good ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14461 on: February 14, 2017, 05:04:53 am »
Thanks Brian, you have a special place at Hawkeye also and some really special friends of mine up there with you. :) Ya Bob it is moving along, just not fast enough for me. I got the front half of the pavilion cleaned out yesterday and the drain lines in to keep water away from the bottom of the new section, also some painting. We are putting up white board this weekend so just maybe we can get the gas and water lines in and start moving stuff back to its place. Clint we are putting in a deep fryer and a new microwave, Pizza oven might not be a bad idea. We are also putting in a gas in line water heater so the shower won't be cold on you boys. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14462 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:10 am »
I've never had a cold shower there Pappy.  But there isn't much of a line at 2 am
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14463 on: February 14, 2017, 08:51:20 am »
 ;) :) :) pretty good line at 4am when I start the kitchen, seems people have learned over the years. ;)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14464 on: February 14, 2017, 09:29:31 am »
Everything is looking great Pappy. You  guys are awesome. Looking forward to spending a little time in the new kitchen. Boy, is Greg gonna miss the fun.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #14465 on: February 14, 2017, 01:56:43 pm »
    wow y'all got a lot done. oh and whoever built that fire, well done

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Otis

« Reply #14466 on: February 14, 2017, 06:31:14 pm »
Looking good Pappy. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll see you six weeks from Friday. We'll talk before then so I'll know if I need to bring my tools.
I'm really looking forward to getting down there. It's been a long time since November.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14467 on: February 15, 2017, 04:57:49 am »
Ya it's coming along but still got a long way to go. Dave you will probably need to, I have the shed ordered for the Black smith shop ordered and should be here in a couple of weeks and you know we will need lights. ;) :) I have been working down there every evening doing what I can by myself and to tell you the truth I am worn out. ???  We do have an official meeting and working Saturday so maybe we will have a full crew and will get it ready to start moving back in.  :-\ I will be glad to see it done.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #14468 on: February 15, 2017, 07:52:03 am »
Be more than glad to help out.  You know that.  We'll talk about what you have planned.  Have a good day.

David

Offline HH~

« Reply #14469 on: February 15, 2017, 08:36:35 am »
Burn em Up. He needs to designed the fire oven and bellows for the Black Smith Pit.

This Ironwood is starting to bend a little. Needs a couple skins. . . . anyone?

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #14470 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »
Everything is looking great Pappy. You  guys are awesome. Looking forward to spending a little time in the new kitchen. Boy, is Greg gonna miss the fun.

Play nice Pat!  >:(
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14471 on: February 15, 2017, 10:59:35 pm »
 ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14472 on: February 16, 2017, 04:23:29 am »
I bet Greg shows up Pat, I mean he is a fixture at the Classic. ;) :)  Got the stove cover and ventilation system all cleaned up yesterday and almost ready to install once the white board is finished , stainless steal  ??? who would have known. ;) :) The way we are building this is should make cooking and especially the clean up much easier , so we are starting out with everything spick and span and hope to keep it that way. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #14473 on: February 16, 2017, 12:10:02 pm »
I bet Greg shows up Pat, I mean he is a fixture at the Classic. ;) :)  Got the stove cover and ventilation system all cleaned up yesterday and almost ready to install once the white board is finished , stainless steal  ??? who would have known. ;) :) The way we are building this is should make cooking and especially the clean up much easier , so we are starting out with everything spick and span and hope to keep it that way. :-\
 Pappy
Well, yeah. I don't know how the Classic can go on without me, but I guess you'll manage.  >:D.  Pappy, what day will you "move in" at the club. If you are going to be there early, I may come out for a day or two or three. I know you are usually there the week before, but didn't know for sure what day you would start.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14474 on: February 17, 2017, 04:41:46 am »
I will be there from the Friday [mid day] April 29 until the Monday after May 8th. Love to see ya Greg, you can stay in the cabin. It will be full closer to the weekend of the event but not early in the week. Well it's Friday and Got big plans for the weekend, hope to get the kitchen ready to start the plumbing/gas lines and moving back in. We have a short meeting and then a working tomorrow so if the whole crew shows up we should be able to get that done. Scott/Bill and myself have been cutting wood so plan on hauling some of that out of the woods today and I have a couple of projects going in the shop if I get the time. :-\ I am putting the final touches on my Osage bow that I started months ago ::) and Miss Joanie wants a powder horn with the map of Tennessee on it like the other one I made, who could say no to her. ;) ;D ;D I got one coat of finish on the bow last evening and the map sketched on a nice white horn Bill gifted me so if I get time I am going to work on both, we will see. :-\ Hope yall have a good one also, see ya Monday. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good