Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609634 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15960 on: July 15, 2018, 05:25:55 pm »
I helped Little John get hos stave to a ring and ready to lay out. Little John/Scott and Brandon uses the club kitchen and made us up a big breakfast, Yum Yum. :) I also done some work on my arrows for the CO. Trip. :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15961 on: July 15, 2018, 05:29:16 pm »
Got 14 arrows ready with heads and 4 juto's, also 2 bows ready. :) Also lots of work in the bow shop. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15962 on: July 15, 2018, 05:33:45 pm »
Got Brandon's bow on the form and later to low brace. Little John is working on an IW walking stick and also made some head way on his Osage bow. Garrett got his limb bow tillered out to  40@26 and looking good. Great weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15963 on: July 15, 2018, 05:41:45 pm »
Almost forgot this picture, I was on the practice rang shooting and also just setting around between shots and had a visitor, the dove stayed there for a good while just watching, I was hopping it would give me some pointers.  ;) Lord knows I need them. Pretty cool I thought, guess she is use to me it has been nesting in the pavilion most of the summer.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15964 on: July 15, 2018, 09:28:42 pm »
Looks like you are ready for the elk hunt. I'm getting excited watching you get ready.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15965 on: July 17, 2018, 05:49:55 am »
Thanks Pat, I am enjoying getting ready myself and trying to get this Old Butt in some kind of shape. :) Hiked 3.8 miles yesterday with my day pack, about 12 lbs. Letting my lower back rest from the heavy one for a few days. Beau is headed to NY Wed. and his new bow came in yesterday so I called him and told him I need some help at the house to move a few things. He came over last evening and I gave it to him. It turned out as beautiful as I had thought and he loved it. Also gave him the walking stick I had made from the same tree. He Loved them both. He put about 40 arrows through the bow and it shoots like a dart. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #15966 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:14 am »
Great pics, handsome bow :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Otis

« Reply #15967 on: July 17, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »
Good job Pappy.  I know you two will have a great time.  Beau's smile says it all.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15968 on: July 17, 2018, 09:05:08 pm »
 :OK  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HH~

« Reply #15969 on: July 18, 2018, 06:45:36 am »
Cant wait to see him shooting the new bow. See ya all tonite.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15970 on: July 18, 2018, 07:42:56 am »
He is headed to NY today so it will next week, see ya this evening, deer bar b a on the menu. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15971 on: July 18, 2018, 08:09:57 am »
Wow! Good looking bow. Looks like you guys are set with arrows for the Hunt. Good luck and hope you guys get some meat and good memories.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15972 on: July 19, 2018, 06:19:19 am »
Thanks Eddie, not sure on the meat but I am sure we will make some good memories and that's what counts to me. ;) Hiked 2.5 miles yesterday with my big pack so I am getting there, gold is 3. I have been working with just my day pack several times a week, about 4 miles and it seems like nothing after carrying the big one. :) Had a great time at the club shoot last evening, good food and fellowship and also shot pretty good. I am really glad we started this weekly club event, it has been a lot of fun. Only 1 more week and it's over, maybe we will come up with something else to do to keep us together ??
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15973 on: July 20, 2018, 06:21:01 am »
Friday and headed to the farm in a bit, no big plans, just how I like it. We have a meeting and club shoot in the morning that should be fun and then more preparing for the 2 trips I have coming up, Elm Hall /and CO. About to get everything together but their is always a few loose ends. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15974 on: July 23, 2018, 05:28:08 am »
Great weekend as it seems a lot of others had at MoJam and the IBO Trad. world up in WV, hate I missed them but even retired I can't do them all. Headed to ElmHall a week from Yesterday and had things I had to get ready. We had a very good meeting and club shoot and also got a start on the new shed. Bad Weather missed us and it had turned cooler. Very nice today and supposed to be nice all week. I will have some pictures up as soon as I get the reworked. Gret time it seems was had by all. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good