Author Topic: Snowing in Ga.  (Read 9621 times)

Offline cracker

Snowing in Ga.
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »
It is snowing in Ga. Well I guess its official the saints really did win the superbowl.Seriously It hasn't snowed here in about seven  years.
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline newknapper

Re: Snowing in Ga.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:15:51 pm »
Cracker wher in Ga you at? I am down south close to Valdosta and it has sleeted a little but thats bout all

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »
Yeah I read that in FL they thought about closing down the roads for 2" of snow!  If this crazy weather keeps up your street crews will have to head north to get some training...we still have 2-3 feet everywhere and its been in the 40's lately!   ;D
GBR!

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:14:30 pm »
Newknapper I'm about 55 miles due south of Augusta Ga on U.S.1. I know what you mean about the road crews we have like one plough in my county and they keep it inside so it don't rust away.

Offline newknapper

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »
Well you doin better than us, all we got is road scrapers for the dirt roads.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 09:00:32 pm »
When hell freezes lver ronnie ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 10:01:00 pm »
Try a summer down here and you'll see what I mean.

Offline billy

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:47 am »
yeah, we've got about 2-3 inches here where I live in Canton (about 40 minutes north of Atlanta).  It makes for pretty hunting in the woods!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 01:06:18 am »
i was headed north thru georgia today.
it was snowing north of atlanta all thru up untill the southern edge tennesse
its nice up here in clarksville,mild temps very little snow compared to what i am used to for this time of year
florida has been cool.daytona area was in the mid 50's.i heard we had like 10"-12" of new snow while i was in florida
hope my neighbor cleaned my walkway and drivdeway for me  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:20 am »
You went through Clarksville....and didn't stop to see Pappy.........thats Sacrilegious Man...just ain't right........ :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mrkinsey

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 04:06:06 am »
my in laws in Lyons, GA said it was snowing there, too.  In all the years I had lived in GA never once did it snow.  I move to NY and boom, snow.
There is always Hope.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »
You went through Clarksville....and didn't stop to see Pappy.........thats Sacrilegious Man...just ain't right........ :o

Mike, i am not a very relegious person,but sacrilegious i am not.
we did stop and meet Pappy,Shannon,Greg B,Jesse,and others
all of which are very very kind,gacious and generouis peoples
very glad we stopped
we stopped in friday evening for a few hours and went back saturday late morning and stayed untill mid afternoon,then we hd to get back on the road.
i have to say my wife is the greatest woman alive too.she stood there(mostly bored)in the cold(something like 35 degrees) while i sat in the famous "knapping pit"
i had such a wonderfull time while i was there.these folks make you feel so welcome that you never want to leave.
well i will stop there as i dont want to hijack this thread with my ramblings.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 02:33:23 pm »
                      Wheeew...I am glad...my gut feelings about you were slippin man......... :P......... :D............. ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »
We only had 2" of fine powder. 8)  It was perfect for our friend from Savannah that came up for snow. She has tried for over a month but the other snows were bigger and we were afraid she wouldn't be able to get back on the road home. With the snow that was still on the ground this snow just covered up the ugly that had been exposed, hung beautifully on the trees and bushes and began melting yesterday afternoon. These pics are this morning before Terry left.
  This is my wife Marcia(rt) and friend Terry and Lucy Brown our choc lab. This is what is left this morning. Yesterday was the beautiful day.      Calling for 2" to 5" more tonight and tomorrow and it has already started.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 07:40:17 pm »
Well fellas the snow stopped sometimes during the ningt about eighty percent was gone by sunset on Saturday and the rest was gone by midmorning on Sunday.Ronnie