Author Topic: Type of arrows  (Read 1615 times)

Offline warhawk

Type of arrows
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:14:27 pm »
The question being that my son bought me Fiber Glass Longbow made by Bear with a 25 pond draw so ineed ti knoe what type of arrows do i need and if i could make my own what do i need? warhawk
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Type of arrows
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:15:06 am »
Warhawk, Check out 3Rivers Archery. They are a sponsor of this website and they have finished arrows or components to make your own. They also have a video on making arrows. Port Orford Cedar is a good shaft and most commercial arrows are made with POC. The folks at 3Rivers are all archers and can help you choose the right arrows, or components, for your bow and draw.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Type of arrows
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:26:13 am »
what pat said. if you want wood shafts go with sitka 5/16th shafts . nice and light for a bow that weight. carbons , id reccomend the easton 600's. cheap, go with the easton jazz (aluminum). 1416 should shoot from it . length on the jazz may be too short if you have a long draw though.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct