Author Topic: different bundle bow  (Read 10921 times)

Offline aznboi3644

Re: different bundle bow
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 03:31:33 pm »
Thanks for the compliments guys.

The string I was using before was just a three string braided nylon trot line...it was stretchy as can be for even a 40lb bow lol.

The first two pole bow pictured with the heat tempering is 40lb at 24" but I draw it to 28" so I would guess at least 50lb at 28"

The second one that is more decorated is 40lb at 32" but is slower due to set and permanently strung.

The bindings on the bigger bow were just scraps from an old braided leather belt... they have not loosened up after a few hundred shots but I plan on redoing them with artificial sinew to match the string.

Well the thing is that I have not gotten a hold of any hacksaw blades to cut straight nocks yet...so my arrows all have cherokee style nocks having to use a pinch grip.  So the picture of me drawing three under is actually a three finger pinch grip.

For anything over 40lbs I prefer two under one over...anything below I like the cherokee pinch grip.  I'm weird I guess because I change grip styles a lot lol.

Offline Postman

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »
Very cool, Aznboi... you may be onto somethin' there!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline NTD

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 11:13:17 pm »
Very cool, Aznboi... you may be onto somethin' there!

Huh???
Nate Danforth

Offline Postman

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16:45 pm »
NTD -  Meant it was a novel way to do a "composite' bow - 'specially in a survival situation. Kinda like orcbow's neat stuff.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA