Author Topic: not sure what to think about this.  (Read 15580 times)

Offline recurve shooter

not sure what to think about this.
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:59:18 pm »
ok, let me start by saying, im not sure i believe in ghosts. but these are.....strange. these are pics of my idiot of a step cousin muddrideing. his mom took them. now these people arnt exactly overflowing with intellect, so i verry seriously doubt they tweaked the pics. check it out. what do yall think?

check out the upper right. at the end of that long mud hole.

ok look close at the big white-gray stump looking thing in the back ground.

tell me what yall think. kinda freaked me out.  :-X
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: not sure what to think about this.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »
Well when you Photoshop the First Picture...and bring it down to the Pixel...the Image in the Background of the Dude with the Flintlinck and Possibles Bag.... has a Higher Pixel Count than the Main Picture does...so I call it a Photoshop Chopjob.....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:03 pm »
El D:  ;D

Thanks! I needed a good laugh today!!!
Living a dream...

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:11 pm »
ah. cool. well i guess i underestimated the technological abillity of my aquired family.  ;D

thanks! still think it looks cool though lol.
lets just shoot it

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:55:52 am »
Interesting theory Mike. Obviously your photoshop is different than mine. Once it is saved as a jpeg the pixels are redistributed and the pixels are exactly the same size. If it was a PSD or TIFF format, we could tell if the resolution was off. The color of the musket dude follows the pixelation too closely, it just doesn't fade enough into the neighboring pixels, suggesting it was brought in from another photo.  I agree they are fake, but you need a copy of the original to tell what was done to it.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »
Not photoshop-Iphone app called "ghost capture. " I've seen I don't know how many of these haints on trail cam pics lately. It's the Civil War guy in the top center, flipped.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 04:41:11 pm »
Imagine that Steve, the head is in the middle of the lower group.  ;) What amazes me is that people don't have anything better to do with their time.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:41 am »
ah! thats it. i wouldnt have guessed that, but it makes sence. well at least i know what it is now. man you guys are expert photo anylists.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:42:45 pm »
ah! thats it. i wouldnt have guessed that, but it makes sence. well at least i know what it is now. man you guys are expert photo anylists.  ;D
I better be, that is my major.  ;)

SW Utah

Offline sailordad

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 07:51:42 pm »
i personally wouldnt be able to tell,im not that up on technology
but my youngest son is a photo/photoshop geek(hobby of his)
he has some(like 3 differant) professional phot shop type programs and such and he would have been able to tell
just like Justin

but they look good ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline wildman

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 09:14:12 pm »
That soilder gets around he was in my moms office one night one of the security guys took "the ghost picture"   "You can fool some people some time but you can't fool all the people all the time"
B.M.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 10:30:39 pm »
Awww, you guys don't know anything! Why, I have a picture of a ghost German U-boat off the coast of Mexico when we were on vacation there! Yeah, and guess who was on board? That's right, you can clearly see the ghost of Hermann Goering on the deck. And we didn't photoshop the pictures from books like "U-Boats Of World War Two" and "Hermann Goering: A Biography", either, even if Goering is totally out of scale to the U-boat. And a buddy of mine has a picture that shows the ghost of Joseph Stalin walking around the Kremlin trying to find a match to light his pipe. You can clearly see him patting his pocket for a match. Or maybe a list of officers he was planning on having shot. Anyway, one of those two things. There's no way he could have photoshopped it from the book "Stalin And The Stavka Vodka Party of 1943".  No way he went to page 74 and photoshopped that picture of Stalin there. 
Living a dream...

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 10:19:06 am »
lol tsalagi, cant help but thinking there may be some hints in there somewhere.  :P
lets just shoot it

Offline Dane

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 10:12:20 pm »
Ive only seen one real ghost photo, one an English friend's budddy took in the ruins of a WWII USAAF bomber base in Essex. A strange kind of myst, really odd, that was taken in one of the old base buildings. A psychic was consulted and even found a name to associate with it, but that may be just her doing her professional thing.

I've seen enough ghosts that I think there must be real "spirit" photos out there. If you can see it, I think you can probably photograph it. Shame some folks go to so much trouble to fake them. Each ghost I have seen "with my own two eyes" didn't look like dead people. However, the thing in the attic of the house I grew up in I wouldn't wanted to have seen. I never went back up there after that encounter.

Recently, I've been a bit into EVP stuff. I'm sure a lot of it is fake, but some of it is very creepy. You can find some recordings using Google.

Dane
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:15:34 pm by Dane »
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 01:59:06 pm »
Dane, was it a Shuggoth in the attic? ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.