Author Topic: tillering a bow with one limb that has taken 1-2" set. Osage 49" no-nock D-bow  (Read 1150 times)

Offline servicebeary

Well, I figured I'd start a new post since people were probably getting tired of answering all the questions from my last one  ;D
- so anyhow, after achieving more set than I liked and undershooting my 40 lb goal on bow #2, 49" D bow with no nocks. I heat treated the belly and sinew backed it.  Now, the limb that I didn't hinge a bit, is getting pulled way back like normal, and the other one is just getting back to where it was before I abused it at 12 pm one night (stupid).  Anyhow, gotta work after the kids go to bed, so I guess more coffee and less vodka is the lesson here ::)  :P  :'( 
  ---so I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice since the one limb is a lot stronger than the other?  I guess I should positive tiller is so the weaker limb is bending a little less, and just shoot on the side that the string is closest to?  It has pretty good string alignment, but I'm sure it'll be a 1/4" one way or the other.
---oh, and I had it back to 23", which I can anchor at comfortably, since it's sinew backed now should I go for my normal 25"?  It was a little under 30 lbs at 23 and I was hoping for 40lbs. 
  thanks for any advice, -nick   
I take life 1 month in the Montana wilds at a time...