Author Topic: Eating Posion Ivy  (Read 11818 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: Eating Posion Ivy
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 10:27:12 am »
lol. yeah mango skin not good. :-\
lets just shoot it

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:34 pm »
I make tea out of a plant called  jewel weed. It grows near poison ivy. If I drink the tea every year poison ivy doesn't bother me at all. The plant is a square stemmed plant that grows right along with the poison ivy plant. Dry it and brew tea out of it, but add alot of sugar cause it don't taste real good. 
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 06:23:54 pm »
Mangos?  I've never heard of them being bad for you lol.  Eat them all my life.

I've only had poison ivy a couple times though.

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:18 am »
I just learned I'm allergic to sulfa drug the hard way a couple weeks ago.  Never had that reaction to any antibiotic before. So, I'll pass on eating poison oak, if that's ok. But I know the idea has merit. There was a king in the Ancient World named Mithridates who made himself immune to several poisons by ingesting tiny doses of them over time. He also had the rather interesting hobby of growing poisonous plants and feeding poisons to prisoners to test out antidotes. Unfortunately for Mithridates, his immunity to poisons caught up with him one day.  He ran afoul of the Romans and needed to commit suicide to avoid the embarrassing fate Romans traditionally reserved for captured leaders (look what happened to Vercingetorix.) He tried to take poison, but none of it had any effect on him due to his immunity. So, he came to fairly messy end at the point of a sword and a decidedly painful one.
Living a dream...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »
I didn't eat any....but Walked through a bunch at Pappys
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome