Author Topic: A quick look at the TN Classic 2010 Pics  (Read 24780 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: A quick look at the TN Classic 2010 Pics
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 09:57:29 pm »
Sure glad to hear everyone made it home safe an sound. Ryan O. an Hole in the bow Chuck an myself ( Outbackbob) got home Sunday evening just before midnite, finally shut the wipers off somewhere between  Columbus an Clevland Ohio. I will never complain about the snow again. Never saw rain like that. Still loved every minute of the classic. Bob

Offline TRACY

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »
Another great Classic, wet or dry! Took my two kids this time and we managed to have an excellent weekend. Many generous and caring folks in one place. We did the airbed in the back of the suburban up top and stayed dry at night. The feast Sat. night was fabulous! My only complaint was the individual that stole our cooler full of food while we eating at the feast.

Great time and will be back next year for more fun and fellowship! Very glad to hear everyone's making it back safely. Oh, we stopped at Mammoth Caves and took a tour but could only go in some parts of the cave because many areas in the cave was flooded.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 12:54:00 am »
I want to thank all the people at the Classic this year for making this Classic one we will never forget.  Felt sorry for Pappy when the rains came as he was put into scramble mode.  I hope I made some friends this year cause the people at Twin Oaks and the Classic are a special bunch in my book!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 01:23:35 am »
  Tracy, I can't imagine that with the people there. Somebody might have tucked it away to keep the water from filling it up. When it rains that hard the rain will get under the edges and fill it to overflow. If I leave my coolers outside here during rainy season,  I have to dump the water out even though they are closed and latched.

Joe, I have a box headed your way. You left too early Sunday Morning. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 09:04:13 am »
Mullet I thought the same until I saw the tire tracks veer right to where we were parked/camped and then the boot tracks and then muddy tire tracks headed towards the blacktop. I hope they needed it more than we did. I used it to teach my kids to leave things alone if it's not yours and what it feels like if you're on the other end.
I"ll continue to leave the doors unlocked so to speak at the Classic as I know this is unheard of and was probably a passerby.

Great event and can't stop thinking about all the great people and food!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 10:37:28 am »
Well I am home--23 degrees and two inches of snow. Wind is blowing the snow around with some elk on the ridge across the road and the deer hunkered down! Sure looks good compared to 2 inches of water running thru camp!  Wish I could bundle up all the talent and skills I saw at the Classic and put it in my bank account.  Would be rich beyond description.  The people I met there are what people should be like.  Funny that I can go back there and feel like kin folk, and my millionair neighbors don't even know my name! The down side is I won't be able to show you what these mountains are like!  The bow James Parker made for me is a work of art and the bow David built for me is an Antler Ranch missile luncher along with the carbon look a like cane arrows that go with it.  Cris Cade made for me a set of cane arrows that are just too beautiful to let fly!  I would probably adopt Shannon as he has some great DNA!  Whether he likes it or not Greg is my friend.  Am planning to get the pipe out and ask for some help for Ron during the coming weeks.  The blade Jesse gave me will be in my display case along with those given to me by some legendary knappers from my past!  Meeting Twin Oak's officer and author was an honor and I could listen to him tell about the real war in Afghanistan for hours!  I would loved to have been his radio man on those missions he commanded.  Pappy and Miss Joanie are people that I could pattern my life around.  They are gracious beyond belief. Found out that Cowboy and Billy are for real and Mullet is one of the most unique and genuine people I have ever met!  Enough said, THANKS TWIN OAKS for the memory!  Joe

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 10:39:51 pm »
Wolf Watcher/Joe, it was good to see you again. And I hope my haggling for that pair of elk antlers didn't drive you crazy!!!!! I forgot to be prepared for trading with you!!!!!! Next year i will be for certain!!!! Tomi  ;D

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 12:00:17 am »
Tomi:  You certainly weren't a problem.  In fact I know everyone thought I was being a butt about the trades. Everyone treated me very well.  It would be more fun to not trade anything at all and just work on a bow and beat up on a rock!  Wish I had enough courage to actually walk around and shoot the course!  Never done anything like that.  I really had a great time and hope the stress of all the rain didn't put too many years on Pappy!  Best group of people I ever met and that is saying something cause I am old!  Joe

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 12:16:12 am »
Tomi....I don't beleive that Joe is coming back next Year...I sure Hope that He does...A better Man would be hard to Find...but I thought that I heard that He wasn't...here are some of the Pictures that I took ay the Classsic....I hope that there are many more to keep all the Memories alive...and to let those that did not get to go....get their Dose of the Happiness that We all got to feel for those short days that We spent at Twin Oaks with our extended Family....

Here are some of David...Cora...and a few at Davis's Trailer full of Barter Goods...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:34:38 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 12:25:30 am »
My Buddy and Pal...the Georgia Cracker....Ronnie is a very Special Person....He is a Big Ole Bear...but as a Man goes...He is cut above most I have ever met....

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 12:33:38 am »
King Ron....now what can You say about a Man that would give you anything He owns... With what Ron is going through in His Own Life right now....He still is giving His all for Others as well...I am Proud to call this Man...My Friend...God Bless Ron

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:43:17 am by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:41 am »
And the Parker Clan....man what a handful they can be.... >:D......I am glad to have met them all...and proud to call them Friends

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 12:53:28 am »
Chris Cade...Fellow Bowyer...and Master Knifemaker....boy can He make a nice knife...and thank You Chris for the one that You gave to me ...I like it... ;)

PatB...well Pat is...just that ...He's Pat.... ;D....A Man of many Talents from Bows to Basket Weaving...Hope He don't take up Embroidery...next year We will be buying Doillies..... >:D

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:33 am »
Jimmy.... I could have listened to Your Stories for weeks...I am glad that I got to meet You this Year...and meet Your Son also...quite the Youngster

And Paul....I am glad that You and Em got to make it...and I got to finally meet the Infamous Cowboy ....in Person for once... :o...I hope that We can get together and go get a load of Rock one day...

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 01:19:18 am »

Me and Pappy on Wed when we got there.

Me and Clyde Gaskins from Camden,TN, such a fine fine man!!!

She was hard at work on that bow for sure!!

Keith and Anthony, what a pair of fine gentlemen!!!

Me and my friend GregB, we sure had alot of good conversations over that weekend!!!

Pappy and Gary, just taking time out before the rain ever got there!!

Here's another lady, I believe she was working on the bow for her son, enjoying the time spent in the bow making shed!!!!
I have more to post, Tomi ;D