Author Topic: An amazing James Parker bow...  (Read 16247 times)

Voodoo

An amazing James Parker bow...
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:09:05 pm »
I've been talking with James for the last couple of months about Elk risered bows, and possibly doing a collaboration using both our talents, as he is very versed in natural bows, and I build the Voodoo Kustom lam bows......so we decided to do a bit of trading, a set of natural limbs for an Elk riser, well friday James calls me up and tells me about this bow... and it arrived yesterday.... and impressed is an understatement, What an amazing bow, the limbs are made with dyed bamboo on the back ipe/purpleheart cores and has a carbonized belly, It's 62" and 60@29, I just ran it through my chrono and with a 540gr.GT pulled to exactly 29" it registered 183fps.......and does it with zero handshock!.......This is without a doubt the best natural bow I have ever shot,I've wanted a natural bow for quite a while now and I have tried a few and most never make it past the first couple shots with me due to my twice broken neck and the issues it has left me with...any Vibration feels like an electric shock to me.......so, James has made a dream come true , and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.Thanks James!!..... I'll have this bow at the Farmland benefit shoot for the Wounded Warriors Project this coming weekend, so come out if you can, and check out this amazing bow, and help us help those who gave so very much, Hope to see you there,Steve Hartley,Proud Gold Star Father...........Gold stars are what they call us that have lost a loved one in service to our country, in my case, my Son Spc. Dustin R."the Ogre" Hartley.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline aero86

Re: An amazing James Parker bow...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:17:11 pm »
wow!  thats really nice!  i usually dont like those types of bows, but that one is just amazing!  good shooting too!  wish i could make it out to show my support to you and everyone else!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:18:04 pm »
Very nice bow...but I'm not surprised if James made it.  8)
I'm sorry for the loss of your son but am very appreciative for his service and ultimate sacrifice to our country and for your family's sacrifice.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 06:08:42 pm »
That definitely IS an amazing Take-down!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 06:28:16 pm »
It isn't very often that I can say I see a bow idea that I have never seen before, but that riser is one of those occasions. That is a totally cool idea and awesome execution of the idea.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Kegan

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 06:49:32 pm »
That is absolutely and unequivocally one of the neatest and most amazing take downs I've seen lately :o!

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 07:53:01 pm »
Pretty rare for me to see a bow and think "OMG I have to have one of those!", but this is definitely one of those occasions.  If I've ever seen a reason to hold out for a bull, this is it!
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 10:59:03 pm »
thanks for the good words  voodoo,,i cant take credit without giving you credit,, your  risers influenced me and gave me the idea of one with all
natural limbs... im really glad to see your liking the bow,,,  have lots of fun this weekend,,your son and others who have fallen are in our hearts....

all you guys from pa   thanks for the good words also................james

Offline PeteC

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 11:07:00 pm »
That is an awesome bow,and I cant remember ever seeing the like before.Beautiful work. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

bowkee

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 11:46:34 pm »
That is cool 8)

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 11:50:49 pm »
absolutely unique and beautiful bow, cool website also james !!

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 12:02:04 am »
To put that weapon into words...Well... amazing is only a start!
May God always be with your son. He has a special place in Heaven because he has already seen hell....I know...

God bless

Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 06:29:14 am »
 Wow ,That is Beautiful,that's about all I can say.  :) :) Very nice work.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline majsnuff

• Shoot low boys the bad guys are riding ponies.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:18 am »
I copied this page and sent it to several of my friends. The bow is awesome.
Thank you for sharing.
and my deepest sympathy to you and your family for the loss of your son.

majsnuff
keep it simple
make it fun

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 08:18:07 am »
Wow! James and Steve, that's an amazing bow. Just awesome.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.