Author Topic: LiL Chopper updates(must read)  (Read 1771 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
LiL Chopper updates(must read)
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:32:01 pm »
If you are like me and have used a LiL Chopper, you have probably like me done everything but run over with your vehicle.  I have never been able to get any consistency chopping feathers.  Now doing a lot of chopping, I was not at all please with the end results, so I got to thinking.  Now after you read this, you will gain pounds, I promise, but that is part of the fun.  What I am going to show you is just a proto type that I made up to see if it would work, and the results are amazing.  Now instead of the aluminum suppressor that I have here, you need to use Popsicle sticks.  That's where the weight gain come in..but oh what fun.
The first picture is of two feathers chopped one right after the other.  No where near the same

The second picture is a prototype suppressor that I made to see if this would work.

The third picture is of the suppressor laying in the profile of the chopper

Now take and lay the suppressor inside the edge of the quill and pull it down to the base stop of the chopper

continued on next reply

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: LiL Chopper updates(must read)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:34:27 pm »
Now pull down the top while holding slight down pressure on the suppressor and wack the chopper.

Two exactly matched feathers one right after the other.

See ya later, now I have to go buy my 4 dozen popsicles to do the rest of the choppers..

Offline PeteC

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:24:09 am »
Good idea,that's a couple of perfect fletchings. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline macbow

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:29:50 pm »
Now I'll have to dig out my lil choppers. I got frustrated enough to buy a visio , which works great.
Ron
Ron Mackenberg   Warsaw, MO.

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 03:57:56 am »
glad i read this.just got a chopper for bannana fletches.haven't used it yet,i'm waiting for my feathers to arrive.thanks for the hint.i'll start eating popsicles while i wait for the feathers. thanks again,steve[seabass]
Middletown,Ohio