Author Topic: trade points question  (Read 1808 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

trade points question
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:13:41 pm »
I need to find a source of trade points for a movie guy.  He wants the long narrow ones often seen on Sioux arrows, like those awesome peices Billy Berger had in the recent PA article.  I have checked all my catalogs and couldn't find anything that looked close.  Does anyone have a source?

I am sorry if this should be in the trading post area, but I am not in the shape where I can trade anything, I'll need to buy from a dealer source.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sonny

Re: trade points question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Primitives+Arrows+%2526+Points_c13_s188_p0_thumb.html

try that link. there's a couple of different trade points shown.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline agd68

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:26:10 am »
Try Paleoplanet.net. Alot of the metal workers sell stuff there
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:10:10 pm »
Thanks everyone for the links and the sources.  I got so many pm's that I may not be able to respond to everyone right now.  I got 6 dozen arrows to build in two weeks!

I am again amazed, and humbled, by how much help the people on this website will provide without expecting any recompense or recognition.  Again, thank you.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:53:29 pm »
 If Dick Bernier was coming on He stamped all the points out for Dances With Wolves.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 11:03:08 pm »
Part of this job is fixing a number of the Dances arrows.  A friend of mine made quite a few of their arrows, too.

Most of them ended up scattered across the prairie, the arrow shot by the riders were shot into the wide open prairie and most of them were never picked up!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 04:27:36 am »
JW, if you find an abundance, let me know. I have a few but would be interested in a few dozen more in the 150-180 range.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.