Author Topic: Scientific American Online: Ancient heat treating of stone  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Newbow

Scientific American Online: Ancient heat treating of stone
« on: July 29, 2010, 04:06:04 pm »
Scientific American Online has slide with video presentation detailing the evidence for the near extinction of the human race between 195k and 123k years ago.  It's all interesting, but of more direct interest for this forum is the discussion of micro blade technology and the intentional heat treating of stone, the origin of which is pushed back many 10s of thousands of years.  The information isn't brand new as it's been kicking around in pieces for several years, but this slide and video presentation brings it all together.  You can check it out at:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=interactive-seas-saved-humanity&sc=WR_20100728

Offline n2everythg

Re: Scientific American Online: Ancient heat treating of stone
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 06:40:36 pm »
good interesting slide show. thanks for the link.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Parnell

Re: Scientific American Online: Ancient heat treating of stone
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:58:16 am »
That is an interesting link.  I've seen that location refered to before, I believe it was in a National Geographic Presentation on the origins of mankind covering The Human Genome Project led by Dr. Spencer Wells.  It is interesting.
Only thing I know for certain though about science is that it is constantly changing!
1’—>1’