Author Topic: board bow ?  (Read 1669 times)

Offline jp gray

board bow ?
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:50:14 pm »
has anyone made a bow out of osage board? if so how was it? thought of trying one and back it with sinew.or the bamboo backed ipe that 3 rivers sales,also what is the differance between a long bow and a flat bow,im also thinkng of buying  a oasge bow kit from pine hallow bows and backing with cherry bark ,sorry for all the questions ,but i have a osage self bow backed with elk  sinew and snake skins ,and im shooting this bow better than any glass bow i ever had,as a matter of fact i have sold my glass bows and going self bow all the way,now i want to make my own ,by the way david barnnet from walla walla washington made this bow for me ,i had one of his a few years ago and like an goof ball i sold it well he made me another one ,and i love it ,he sent some elk bone already split and flat for the nock overlays and i have some bacote ,but im afraid i might mess something up on it so im going to wait before i put them on.here are some pics its around 47-50#@28 62" nock to nock and smokes an arrow!!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:12:45 pm by jp gray »
john paul gray

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: board bow ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »
Bamboo backed osages are done a lot of the time with osage boards- will not be a problem.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline denny

• my site
Re: board bow ?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:42:04 pm »
I make them all the time. I use urac 185 for glue up and bake in a oven for 1 hour or air dry. I don't use clamps or hose to hold together , I use shrink wrap 5 inches wide and double wrap tight.Works for Me. Denny

[attachment deleted by admin]