Author Topic: thanks for this web site!  (Read 4329 times)

Offline jp gray

thanks for this web site!
« on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:08 pm »
you know this has got to be one of the best if not the greatest site on the archery forums , i visit all the other ones about 7-8 of them ,and i enjoy this one much more,everyone here seems to respect one another and isnt to much bashing that i have seen on here ,so to the moderators and to everyone else on here ,thank you and for all the bowyers and arrow makers ,knife makers ,quiver makers ,thank you for giving your how to;s. ,this site has alot of how to's ,i get on here and read and read ,lots and lots of good stuff on here .i dont have a suscribtion yet ,but im gonna get one .again keep up the great work!!
john paul gray

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: thanks for this web site!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:31:17 pm »
John Paul we are all here for the same reason and we can all thank each other for making Primitive Archer what it is...so, thanks for your contributions too!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:48:58 pm »
 Thanks for being a member of this site, J P. I think without all the questions there wouldn't be as much experimenting and the free flow of so many ideas that make this site unique.

To me, one of the things I see that is nice on this site is the volunteering of information. I love to see a question from a Newbee that I have seen answered a half dozen times in the past answered by somebody other than an oldtimer by somebody that was a Newbee just a few years before.

Passing on the information and keeping this Art alive is to me what this Site and Magazine is about..
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »
Glad you enjoy it JP. It is a great bunch of folks,that is for sure.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:39:41 pm »
Thanks for being a member of this site, J P. I think without all the questions there wouldn't be as much experimenting and the free flow of so many ideas that make this site unique.

To me, one of the things I see that is nice on this site is the volunteering of information. I love to see a question from a Newbee that I have seen answered a half dozen times in the past answered by somebody other than an oldtimer by somebody that was a Newbee just a few years before.

Passing on the information and keeping this Art alive is to me what this Site and Magazine is about..

Amen Eddie.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Parnell

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 02:04:52 pm »

Amen Eddie.  :)

This is the key to wha this site is all about in my book.  It is a great place.
1’—>1’

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »
Thanks for being a member and contributing. This is a great group of people, I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of members in person and it would be harder to find a better bunch of folks anywhere.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 11:44:31 pm »
I'm always amazed at how little snarky attitude shows up here.  Apparently there was some of that early on, but the moderators and the people with influence stepped on it right quick and pushed a positive attitude until it became the culture of the message board.  There are Fortune 500 corporations that pay out millions of dollars yearly to try to create this kind of culture and cooperative mindset.  I think they should just invest in some drawknives, rasps, and a load of staves. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 12:24:13 am »
I'm always amazed at how little snarky attitude shows up here.  Apparently there was some of that early on, but the moderators and the people with influence stepped on it right quick and pushed a positive attitude until it became the culture of the message board.  There are Fortune 500 corporations that pay out millions of dollars yearly to try to create this kind of culture and cooperative mindset.  I think they should just invest in some drawknives, rasps, and a load of staves. 
;D Nailed it J.W. Everyone on here i've dealt with have gone above and beyond what i expected!Great bunch and one helluva site!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:03 am »
JW, Reckon we can trade our draw knives, rasps and staves for some of them million dollars? I surely could use a few of them!!!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 11:50:55 am »
Glad you like it here JP and glad you will be getting a subscription.  That is what keeps this board alive so we can all enjoy it.  It would be nice if more members were like you and supported this place by getting a subscription.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 11:00:46 pm »
What about us that buy our copy from the corner drug store.  We want to see local business keep PA on the shelves, and buying it from them ensures they stock it on the shelf.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:55 pm »
What about us that buy our copy from the corner drug store.  We want to see local business keep PA on the shelves, and buying it from them ensures they stock it on the shelf.
Yeah thats how I have been getting mine for years.  I enjoy picking up a copy when Im at the grocery store.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 11:35:53 pm »
Newsstand and corner store sales don't help the mag out as much as a subscription
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline adb

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 07:50:52 pm »
Oooops. I've always bought mine off the news stand. I guess I should re-think that. However, I think I worked it out that it was more expensive for a subscription. Maybe I'm wrong?