Author Topic: venison in the freezer  (Read 5531 times)

kinkfeather

venison in the freezer
« on: September 25, 2010, 12:21:33 pm »
at 8.09 this morning killed a big doe.saw her an 2 others come in to eat acrons on the ground.shot her at about 20 yds with a crossbow.the arrow went through her an stuck in the ground.she ran about 40 yds an went down.i waited about 30 minutes an followed the blood trail to her.gutted her out an pulled her out to the edge of the woods.when an got my truck an brought her out.the shot was perfectly begind her shoulder.i was using a blind that i set up a week ago.she never knew what hit her.quick an clean death.now the work begins.kink

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: venison in the freezer
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 02:10:36 pm »
Having followed your previous thread about Ethical Hunters, and having contributed my own share (and maybe more) of my inflated opinions, I am so happy to hear that your deer hunt was:

1)  Successful
B)  Ethical
III) Posted where we could all celebrate along with you

Now, on to the good hearted razzing!   ;D

I gotta get your address so I can send you this fine gift I made ya.  It used to be an old rusty galvanized bucket, but I cut eye slots in it and added a chin strap so you can wear it on your head.  After all, if you are gonna carry one of those midievel knight shooters, you gotta have the proper headgear!  Anyone know where a guy can order custom camoflauged chain mail?

Enjoy those backstraps for me, kinks! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

kinkfeather

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 03:57:39 pm »
i did not tell the whole story about my hunt this morning.well i was sitting in my blind an i needed to pee so i got out my jar an was peeing when the deer came in.well i rushed to get my crossbow knocked over my jar on my pants.well i said *&$# an the deer heard me an walked over to check it out an thats is how i had good luck an 1 of them did not.kink

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:01:05 pm »
i did not tell the whole story about my hunt this morning.well i was sitting in my blind an i needed to pee so i got out my jar an was peeing when the deer came in.well i rushed to get my crossbow knocked over my jar on my pants.well i said *&$# an the deer heard me an walked over to check it out an thats is how i had good luck an 1 of them did not.kink

:D too funny. Great story.
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:48:28 am »
lol sounds like curiosity killed the doe ! congrats

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 10:52:16 am »
nice story

i never pee in my blind,i hold it
maybe i will start taking a bottle with me from now on  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

kinkfeather

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 11:25:54 am »
went yesterday evening jumped 3 deer going in hunted until dark seen no more deer.i believe temperature has a big facture on deer movement.the doe i killed had the starting of her winter coat.that doe was full of acrons.she had plenty of fat on her.her liver was clean an healthy.today is sunday a day of rest.i am sore an stiff today.but tommorrow morning back at it again it is to rain tommorrow i hope.i plain to go to another farm an amybe take a nap in my blind an hunt a little.thanks ken an jw for your comments.kink

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 01:52:36 pm »
Gee, kinkfeather, you really are a "whiz" at this archery thing!  Thanks for sharing a few drops of your golden wisdom with all of us.  Hope this story doesn't "leak" out and ruin your local reputation.

;D

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 03:22:20 pm »
nice story

i never pee in my blind,i hold it
maybe i will start taking a bottle with me from now on  ;D

Tim my buddy Brad buys that fancy frigging powder that turns to Jello when You pee in it...so it don't smell or make a mess...well When I gotta Go...I just Go...and I have never had any trouble with it either...maybe it's just my pee.... ;D....I had a Biologist tell me that pee is Pee...after 30 minutes or so...a Buck can't tell my pee from His...all smells the same...JMO...I have been known to be Wrong..... :o...but I will keep whizzin when I need to..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

kinkfeather

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 04:47:57 pm »
el it probably does not make a difference but i hate to smell pee in my blind.with the medicine i am taken it would not be good.i do not think the deer are taken an thyroid or blood pressure medicine.i remember one time i had to take a crap real real bad.climbed drown an ran Taipei toed for about 75 yd an could not go no farther.when back to my stand an 3 deer watching me climb up later those 3 deer came under my stand.i could not see to make the shot.hard to believe but true.i think we as humans believe deer think like we do.we hunters you can not do this or that.because deer are smarter than that.now we can teach deer how to avoid danger.i remember coming up on a hunter in a tree.he had a weather balloon hanging about 10 feet above his head in the sky.he waved to come over so i did.i ask him whats with the balloon.he said he could tell at all times the way the wind was blowing.i said OK an ask him if he knew he was on private property.he said he did not know whose land he was own.i told him to be safe an watch the wind.kink

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 02:28:00 am »
                                                                                                           ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 09:43:17 am »
Congrats on your Deer. Since it was a cross bow kill this should be posted in the campfire section the shooting and hunting section is for primitive bows only.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 05:25:48 pm »
 Great story, congratulations on the deer. Now, go wash your pants ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 10:47:13 pm »
yeah I heard something similar El Destructo. A friend of mine in my club was a Wildlife Biologist and he said there are some guys that swear by actually intentionally peeing in scrapes. He said the deer cant tell the difference but they can smell the hormones that tell them that another mail peed in there and it apparently gets them fired up so they start checking the scrape looking for the boy in their territory.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 11:07:54 pm »

Congrats.  Sometimes it is just a matter of fate.  One of the medics I worked with, dated a girl who had family in N.C, or Va. who had some property with deer on it.  So they invited him up to hunt.  Well his girlfriend's brother takes him out to a stand, and had been talking how he has been trying to get a good shot at this nice eight point buck, for the last three years, but it has always winded him, or something has happened in the nick of time.  He had washed his clothes in the odor kill and no UV soap, and was ready this time.  Well he puts my buddy, up in the stand, and leaves to go to his stand, a little distance away.  Well after a couple of hours, my buddy, feels his breakfast wanting to leave, so he gets down, and drops his pants, and does his business, smokes a cigarette, and takes a whiz, goes back to his stand, and about five minutes later, guess who shows up at about twenty yards?  Yep, Mr. eight point.  So my buddy dumps him.  His girlfriend's Brother, needless to say, was not a happy camper. :(   Sometime it just happens.  Sometimes it doesn't. ;)

Wayne