Author Topic: Can't believe it happened to me.  (Read 11161 times)

Offline aznboi3644

Can't believe it happened to me.
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:55:05 pm »
My roommate and I came home this morning around 2 AM...all lights off as usual.  As we entered my roommate saw someone in our apartment so I ran outside to see where he went...he jumped out my bedroom window where he broke in.  It was pitch black outside so we lost him.  We were robbed.  I never thought this would happen...I live in a pretty safe neighborhood.  But I'm going to take home security much more serious.

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. 

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Can't believe it happened to me.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »
Been there - done that. Can't stand a thief! Would like to have cought him coming around the corner and put a baseball bat through his teeth - ouch!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:36:57 pm »
Our preacher just had 5 guns and a t.v. stolen a little over a week ago.  I guess it's getting harder to be able to afford meth.  I can't stand a thief, either.  Hate ya'll were victimized by one.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Grunt

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 01:49:43 pm »
You can't use lethal force to protect property. At least that's what they taught me in a concealed carry course I took lately. Of course if they are stealing guns that changes things. 

Lombard

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 03:35:16 pm »
Unfortunate event, it seems to happen with disturbing regularity. Three of our neighbors got hit last year, thankfully the jerks got caught. One of them turned out to be a construction worker that had worked on one of the homes he robbed. Needed money for drugs was the excuse.

Offline NTD

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:03:12 pm »
You can't use lethal force to protect property. At least that's what they taught me in a concealed carry course I took lately. Of course if they are stealing guns that changes things. 

You can in Arizona and New Mexico!!! ;D  These things are a state by state basis, as is concealed carry itself, AZ does not require a permit to carry concealed.

My Wife is a 911 operator.  About a year ago she received a call from a gentleman who had people attempting to break into his home.  He retrieved a firearm and sat in a chair facing the door and waitied for them to break in.  As soon as they breached the door he shot them dead.  There were no charges filed.  Shortly after that there was another break in at someones home.  They entered the home where the home owner met them with a gun.  He shot at them and they fled, He was seen on home security camera footage chasing after the burglars and shooting at them AS they fled!  No charges were filed, at least not on the homeowner :)

The articulation of self defense is much different on your property than in a public area such as a street,parking lot etc.  In THOSE situations you usually only have the right to stop the aggression/threat to yourself. 

Private property rights are sacred in Arizona!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:18:19 pm by NTD »
Nate Danforth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 06:00:26 pm »
 Same in Florida, Nate. We have the Castle Doctrine Law. If they are in your house it is Open Season. We also have the Fear for Your Life law, you can shoot somebody on the street if you are in fear of bodily harm. Sure stopped car jacking here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NTD

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 07:07:46 pm »
That's good to hear Eddie, as much as I want to expound on all this I fear I would be in violation of one of our rules here ;D >:D :-X
Nate Danforth

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:59 am »
Same here if I feel threatened I can start blasting. I am easily threatened. >:D Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 12:49:09 am »
Our county has been having a lot of daytime break-ins lately.  I work nights and sleep during the days.  I have been sleeping next to a 44 mag.  Just in case ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline sailordad

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 01:44:44 am »
sorry to hear

reasons like this i want my concealed carry permit
but i am armed for home protocetion
even if i have to go palio on them  >:D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 02:04:57 am »
Sorry to hear that You were violated like this...

Here in Texas We are guaranteed the Right to use Deadly Force as We deem Fit to protect Ourselves and Others from a threat....or Our Property and the Property of Others...so in plain English...don't come to Texas and mess with Me or Anyone I know...or try to break into Mine or Anyone Else's House ...because You may end up ...Dead Meat
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 10:07:04 am »
Mike,thats the attitude more states need to adopt
i know it would cut donw on certain types of crime

after all who wants to break into a home KNOWING that the odds of getting shot are greater than getting away with the crime  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 01:06:57 pm »
I'm in Chicago where guns are illegal...for now ;D as it is- criminals have no need to worry!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

HatchA

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 02:25:56 pm »
Damn.  Sorry to hear you got burgled, Azn :(

Hope they didn't take much/anything?