Author Topic: Warbow/ELB in progress  (Read 7756 times)

Offline Skeaterbait

Warbow/ELB in progress
« on: April 29, 2007, 09:26:08 am »
This is the only Yew I have or have ever worked so I don't know if it will turn out or not. It's fun to try though. Right now it's pulling 65# at just a few inches and I don't imagine I will try to make it more than that as I would never be able to enjoy shooting it, or even disdain shooting it for that matter. I question wether or not I can pull 65 ;D

Offline heavybow

Re: Warbow/ELB in progress
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 03:15:45 pm »
Nice bow. marlon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 03:52:28 pm »
Very cool bow(gonna be). Looking forward to seeing it done.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

duffontap

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:15:10 pm »
If you can pull a 65# hunting bow you could easily get into a 80# warbow draw without killing yourself.  Just something to keep in mind.

J. D. Duff

Offline Loki

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:12:34 pm »
Looking good Skeaterbait,made any progress?
I question wether or not I can pull 65
A few weeks Practice getting into the Bow and you'll be pulling 65lb all day,you may be suprised with how easy and natural it feels,i was  ;D.
Durham,England

a finnish native

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 05:13:40 pm »
If you can pull a 65# hunting bow you could easily get into a 80# warbow draw without killing yourself.  Just something to keep in mind.

J. D. Duff
I totally agree. I can shoot a 66# bow with success and I am able of pulling 96#. I only pulled the bow and didn't release because the lack of a proper arrow.
And I don't do war bows. The bow was in Trondheim Norway in a medieval festival. I guess it was 105# and there was a competition that who could draw it. I can remember the feeling when I pulled and then some really buff guy came and said in Noweidgean "if HE get's that close I'll win" well, he pulled 85#  :D And there's no way I'm buff.