Author Topic: A Christmas Gift From The Great White North  (Read 5458 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
A Christmas Gift From The Great White North
« on: December 21, 2010, 10:26:33 pm »
Today my Wife cam Home with a Triangle Package from Da Yooper....Wasn't expecting anything...but I got a Beautiful Handmade Arrow....It looks to be Wild Rose Shaft....with Wild Turkey Fletching...and my favorite....an Alibates Flint Arrowhead....man what a great job He did too....sure miss Him on the Board sometimes....Thanks Dana....and Merry Christmas....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:37:32 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline FlintWalker

Re: A Christmas Gift From The Great White North
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:54:44 pm »
That's the real deal right there!

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »
thats a nice one
bryan irwin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 11:00:31 pm »
 He did good. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 01:34:09 am »
Da Yooper did good
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 06:52:15 am »
Yeah He did.....I don't know how many of You have been keeping in Touch with Dana...but this last Weekend....Dana went to a Christmas Party...indulged a bit too much in the Christmas Spirits...was walking Home in the Subzero temperatures of Upper Michigan...fell down...could not get  back up....because He was too inebriated....passed out....was about dead when three passersby found Him...and woke Him...and got Him to the House....where He is still recovering from Hypothermia....and Frostbite....He is lucky to still be alive today...if it weren't for the Tree People that found Him...He would have laid there Drunk ...and froze to Death...Well He had an Eyeopener that evening...and Has decided that Life is too precious to waste like His Father did...So He is trying hard ...Day by Day to stay Sober....attend AA Meetings...and get His Life back...so please if you can....give Him a Good Word....He really needs it....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 07:49:47 am »
Great looking arrow,he dose some good work for sure,Hope he gets his life together, I think of him often. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 10:47:11 am »
I was at Twin Oaks walking around with a pocket full of gizmos and walked by Dana's truck piled high with bow staves. I didn't know him but thought anybody with that much wood surely needed a gizmo. I walked up, introduced myself, explained to him how a gizmo worked and gave him one. He reached into his quiver and handed me the most beautiful goose fletched cane arrow I have ever seen. I tried to turn it down as I had about 5 minutes in making the gizmo and he had hours in making the arrow but he insisted.

Super nice guy,I always hated it that the demons had a tight grip on him but having been there, I knew he was the only one who could loosen their grip. Hope he makes it this time.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:17 am »
That is a dandy Mike! I have a missed call from the ole Yooper, gonna call him back right now :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Lombard

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 12:01:27 pm »
That looks like a well made arrow.  I hope your friend Dana, can overcome the devil, seen to many good men reduced to rubble from that particular demon.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 12:14:00 pm »
Thanks Paul....Lombard...My Wife had a battle with this demon also...all it took was Colon Cancer...and She quit ...Cold Turkey...one doesn't have a thing to do with the Other...but that's when She Quit...and if my Wife can....so can Dana...just has to Man Up...that's all...it's a Minute by Minute...Day by Day Ordeal...but with Strength and Will Power...anyone can do anything
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 12:29:02 pm »
Mike I been trying to think of something apropriate to say and all I can come up with is that when you talk to Dana tell him that I wish him all the strength and determination that he will need to get his life back. Ronnie
P. S. Dang nice arrow I'm envious.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 12:30:28 pm »
Thanks Ronnie...I will let Him Know...and as for the Arrow....Eat Your Heart Out........ ;D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 01:06:50 pm »
Now that's really cold looks like you could send me the point off it at least.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline aero86

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 02:17:46 pm »
sure is beautiful!  hope things get better!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.