Author Topic: WBM Molg.  (Read 5855 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
WBM Molg.
« on: January 04, 2011, 05:47:00 pm »
 This is a Walnut backed Hard Maple. 46# @ 26" 58"n2n. 1.75" at the fades.13" working limbs and 13" levers. lever taper from 1/2" to 3/8" Handle is 1.25" thick and 1" wide.

halfeye sent me the roughed out blank along with another molg self bow and a  Walnut backed pyramid. Going to start on the pyramid next. What a Christmas present ;D Rich said it was'nt, but I still had to wait till Christmas to open it. >:( Daughters orders ::) :D That's the last time I make her wait to open something she already knew she was getting ;) If she gets home b4 dark I'll get the full draw pics. Shot about 50 arrows through it this afternoon. I still have the finish to put on it and a handle wrap. Going to try mink oil for the finish.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, but only having the phone photo at night don't work good I can try and get better tomorrow
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:25:31 pm by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
Re: WBM Molg.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:12:06 pm »
MORE PICS please!!!! ;D
Genesis 27: 3

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »
Walnut backed maple? I probably would've done it the other way around, but the proof of the pudding...

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:53 pm »
Looks good, now stop messing around building them pretty bows and take one hunting!  I want to see a picture with a deer in it.  Bill 

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:05:59 pm »
 Beautiful, looks quick and a very nice gift from Halfeye. you did well with the tillering. Congratulations

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:23:06 am »
Sweet looking bow,very fine gift. :) Can't wait to see it all finished up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:24:30 am »
   NICE           I know people get into building bows for different reasons. But I'm with BILL. Bows a surposed to be hunted (used) with. Just not looked at. How else would you know if it's going to last more than 100 arrows. That was shot in it after tillering it. If it last then it's a bow.
   I'm not saying your like this or if this matters to anybody but me. I just know people build one bow after another shoot it a few times and move to the next bow.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:35:17 am »
Thanks  Keenan and Pappy. I ran out of time to finish it, but going to try tonight to get a handle on it.

Bill... This sat. will be the 3rd chance to go all season :'( Havve something to do in the AM but that afternoon and Sun afternoon..it's all mine ;D  I think I'm going to take that "pretty" and the new arrows I made ;D and. Hopfully turn thema bubbly red.

adb...It works and works good ;) I  think If I get a chance to use that combo again I will :)

MORE PICS please!!!! ;D
I hope to get some latter today out in the sun 8)

crooketarrow...I've built a few in the last year, and as you said, a couple have been close together. But. I do turn the flood lights on and shoot each one alot more than a hundred arrows. I go to a friends and shoot flu-flus at flying disc and walk through the wood shooting at foam targets. This one will have well over 100 arrows shot befor saturday afternoon. But I understand what you're saying. I don't particularly want one to come apart and smack me in the head :'( or any one ealse that might want to shoot it.

Offline half eye

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 06:43:42 pm »
hey Mark,
      ya did real nice on that tiller,sir. I,m sure by lookin at that full draw pic that baby's gonna be shootin a lot of critters for ya.....very very nice!!!!!
rich

Lombard

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 08:38:24 pm »
Mark, that looks super, I bet it is a nice shooter.

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 11:59:40 pm »
very nice bow ! perfect tiller .

Offline ohma

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 10:54:26 am »
man i wish that would have had my address on it. im gonna have to trade him out of one of them.thats a great design when you get it right and Half Eye has it right.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 11:18:23 am »
Beautiful looking profile.  Interesting wood combination.  I'll bet that's a good shooter.
1’—>1’

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »
  It sure means a lot to get these kind of complaments comming from y'all. I had been wanting to make a molg. On my last (and first) try I ended up with a hybrid holm/molg. This one Rich sent me with the profile cut already. All I had to do was tiller it out. I love the design and the way it draws.  I'm looking forward to the next one ;D

half eye....Thanks you very much for the opportunity to make this one. It's going meat hunting this weekend ;) ;D

Dave...Thank you...I'll be bringing it to the Spring Fling so you can shoot it  ;)

ken and Parnell..Thank you..The wood combo was Rich's idea. Great idea ;D

ohma...That's one thing about this  traditional community. NEVER have I seen a better group of people!!!!!!!

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 10:04:27 pm »
Good luck this weekend.  I hope you get a 30 point buck!  Which bow are you going to use?  Bill