Author Topic: What do you carry?  (Read 15201 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: What do you carry?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 07:38:55 am »
I carry a 5 inch [total ] 5 shot 22 mag with hollow point amno,if I have my pants on I have it in my pocket. I know people say it will only make some one mad, I think not. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Kegan

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:52 am »
I'm not old enough to apply for a CWP but I'm not sure I would. I've looked at the cost of a hand gun and the cost of a bullet proof vest. I think I'll go with the vest- at least it has some chance of actually keeping you alive :o!

JustinNC

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 11:11:27 am »
If nothing else, I'm carrying again just because I have the right to do so. I don't work in conditions that may or may not put me in the middle of someone's marijauna patch anymore, but in a wierd sense, I feel like I'm doing "my part" to keep my right. I look at the right to bare arms as kind of like money in a budget.... mis-use it or dont use it and you lose it...slowly losing it anyway, may as well use it while you have it.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:02 am »
I carry all the time and I mean all the time,cause just when you think you won't need it you will,Kegan that will help as long as they ant shooting for the head. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Cacatch

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 11:55:04 am »
Yep. Just try to think of a place where there has NOT been a shooting in recent years. Church? You bet. Legislative meetings? You bet. Schools? Oh yeah, going to any PTA meetings in the near future?  Sporting events? I don't know that I recall any but I'm sure there has been. Especially with all the drunk ash holes flipping out over a winning or losing team. And there's always the possibility of riots afterward. My thought is similar to Justin's. I want to carry simply because I want to carry and have the right to carry. Whether I'll ever use it or not is irrelevant. Last night on the way home I stopped for gas. The pumps were all pre-pay. When I pulled up I noticed a couple punk kids (18-25 years of age I guess) standing inside just looking for some trouble. I could sense that they were feeling aggressive just by walking past them when I went in to pay for my gas. I had my two boys with me, ages 4 and 1. The one year old was asleep in the truck so I just let him sleep while I went in to pay, but my 4 year old loves to go into gas stations with me (usually to try to pursuade me to buy him candy) so I took him in. Well, I hadn't even gotten up to the counter to pay for my gas when one of the punk kids starts arguing with the cashier and "flexing". He even took off his jacket like he was about to "act". Apparently he was trying to get gas without paying for it and the cashier was standing his ground. For while I expected to become a witness to something but as long as I was there nothing happened except the cashier guy did call the cops. But it was a situation that did get tense and it just confirmed my desire to carry. What if that punk had pulled strap or a knife on the cashier, myself, or someone else in the store? I do everything possible to keep myself and my family out of harm's way but sometimes you are thrust into situations all because of a decision someone else decides to make. That is why I WILL be carrying very soon.

CP

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 12:01:08 pm »
Well I don't have my CHL yet but I plan to when money gets better so for know I carry my tac knife or kubotan  in areas I can't have my shotty and on long trips I have my sawd off 20 or 12 gauge or my Ithaca slam fire 12 gauge
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »
Revolver or Simi-Auto with clip(s)? what are your preferences and why?

Bevan
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline aaron

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »
Springfield XD 9mm- that's a semi-auto
it has no "clips" but holds 16 in the MAGAZINE.
I don't carry it much, but occasionally.
Ilwaco, Washington, USA
"Good wood makes great bows, but bad wood makes great bowyers"

Offline cracker

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 01:25:43 pm »
I used to be a revolver man my thinking was that if there is a misfire just pull again and go to the next cartridge but with the ammo that is available today I cant remember when I've seen a misfire with good quality ammo so I've gone to autoloaders for capacity and ease of reloading.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline thomas h

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 01:27:41 pm »
im glad i  live in an area that does not  make you feel that you  need to be armed  just to  run down to the corner mkt for some milk. ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 01:34:53 pm »
You must live on Mars. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JustinNC

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 02:28:36 pm »
I don't use a pocket knife, bandaid, or insurance card everyday but you can bet I have all three on me from when my feet hit the floor til they go back in the bed at night.

What disturbs me is not the fact that people on here don't carry, but think of those of us that do as cowboys or that we think were putting ourselves in harms way everyday.

I'm not the toughest jerky in the bag, but I believe my attitude, or lack there of towards most people I encounter, and sheer size would deter most anybody from messing with me, but I believe that those that might try would have an ace in the hole before they ever confronted me...even though they could probably win without it because I'm just a big ole teddy bear.

I'm not paranoid, I don't carry everyday and went a few years without a carry piece. Just a personal choice to put a right to use. 

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:57 pm »
I never really considered it more than a day or two until recently just because I didn't think my wife would want a gun in the house. She actually said "maybe we should get a gun" the other day and I have been looking around for a shooting range for us to go to this weekend. I know I feel comfortable with a gun because I grew up around them and was taught to shoot from an early age, but I don't feel comfortable with a gun in the house if my family doesn't know how to use them, so I figure that's the first step for me.

Unfortunately for me most of the places I work don't allow you to carry a weapon even in the parking lot (car) or it could get me fired and it doesn't do a whole lot of good in the car if I needed it in the building. I do think it's always a good idea to at least have a shotgun in your house though and teach everyone in the house how to use any weapon in the house, especially your kids.

Having said all that I'll tell you after we shoot a few different guns at the range :)
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »
I don't carry (I can't acually, I got in way too much trouble when I was younger) and I'm glad that there are people who do. I have seen situations were I could have stopped a crime if I had a gun. I wish that that young people had respect for guns. I'm pretty sure that lots of us can remember when parking your truck at the high school with a deer gun on the rack was normal. Now guns are taboo and anyone who carries is either a right wing militia member or a thug.
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

Offline Kegan

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 05:39:49 pm »
Kegan that will help as long as they ant shooting for the head. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

I have been told that I have a small head ;D...

I wasn't trying to say there's anything wrong with carrying a gun though, just for the record. I'm just not sure of whether the cost (dollars and cents that is) is worth the sense of security in my hands. I've nothing against folks carrying arms, especially not those who do so legally- it's typically for the best reasons (protecting yourself or your family from harm). I suppose the biggest reason is that if I had something that kept bullets from my hearts and insides, I wouldn't be that worried about some crack pot with a knife or big muscles. I've met people like that. I'm always cautious but not scared. I suppose it's just because I'm still young and naive, eh? ;) :D

Also, I have the feeling that if someone wanted to kill me there wouldn't be much a gun, vest, or what ever you could have on your person that could help. Unless someone developed a pill that turned your blood into acid like "Alien" >:D