Author Topic: What do you carry?  (Read 15202 times)

Offline thomas h

Re: What do you carry?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »
thank you  he can be as soft as a marshmallow or as hard as a piece of steel

Cacatch

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 06:14:56 pm »
I don't doubt either for a minute.  :)

Offline red pony

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 12:20:55 am »
After much thought on having a small arm in my home for protection , I have gone and put the wheels in motion for a permit.  I happen to live in one of the 5 counties of NYC.   I don't have to tell you the BS and cost It of all, but I know in the end it will be worth it.  There have been too many break ins and robberies in my area.  Most of it has to do with DRUGS.   I happen to live in a good  area ,   but criminals steal where the money is.   I have 2 more years left before I move upstate and am free from all NYC BS!   It still cost me alot of money even though I have a permit for long arms.  I do have a 20 gauge pump but my wife is not comfortable with it.    Most of my neighbors clueless about what goes on here.   I always talk to the police in my area and even they will tell you they can't always be every wear all the time.

Offline Knocker

• Tumwater, Washington
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 01:53:11 am »
Carrying is costly, inconvenient, uncomfortable, and a huge responsibility.  I just wish those of us that do would get some credit for doing the right thing rather than being perceived as kooks and nuts.  I can't remember who said it, but I recall a quote something like "All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for the good to do nothing".  My brother was a cop - we don't pay law enforcement enough to lay their lives down for us.  I hope I never have to use a gun for anything but recreation, but am prepared if I must.  Thank you to all of you that do carry, and I for one feel safer because you're out there.

Keith
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from
us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down
and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set
lightly upon you, and may posterity forget ...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 03:52:13 am »
 I am totally with Pappy and His train of thought...I carry everywhere....I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment....I carry a Kimber Crimson Carry....my Wife totes a Ultra Crimson Carry.....but until She was sure of Herself with an Automatic....She carried Her Ruger GP 100....a Double Action Revolver has no Safety to remember to take off No Jams...Double Stacks....Stovepipes...just point and pull the Trigger...but like Nate and a few have said...If you are not well practiced....and ready to use the weapon to protect yourself...take someone elses life to save your own....and be prepared for the Psychological and Legal Consequences... then you have no business carrying one....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 04:00:54 am »
I'm with Pappy and El D. I carry either 9mm makarav around town and a Kimber .45 on long trips.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline chamookman

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:09 am »
I have a permit to carry, and do so every day. Either a Wilson 1911 or a S&W 325 pd - yeah, I like the .45ACP. I live in the country, and in this day and age there are WAY too many home invations, plus in the City I work in (Flint, MI) has the highest muder rate in the Country  :o! I pray evry day that I NEVER have to use a gun, but By God I wouldn't hesitate if need be. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:21 am »
im glad i  live in an area that does not  make you feel that you  need to be armed  just to  run down to the corner mkt for some milk. ;D

I live in a really quiet, very rural area where many people never even lock their doors. But a few years ago, two guys on a killing spree came off the interstate and slaughtered five people just up the road from me, including an 11-year old girl that they shot in the face with a shotgun after kicking the bathroom door down. One of my neighbors captured one of the guys at gunpoint after he found him hiding in his yard waiting for a chance to kill him and take his truck. If hadn't had a gun handy, he would likely be dead. You never know what's going to happen, no matter where you live. I prefer to be equipped to deal with it if it happens. I'm armed everywhere that I can be.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »
I carry myself respectfully. So far, after over 60 years, that's all I have ever needed!  ;)
Im with Pat on this one. I worked as a police officer for a number of years and respect will get you a lot farther than a gun. The probability of needing a gun increases significantly if you carry one.  8)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 03:29:09 pm »
 I hear you Steve...ain't no place safe any more....My Father ....a lifetime Peace Officer....told me a long time ago...and I still believe him....if you depend on the Police to protect you in a life and death situation.....you are going to be dead before they get there....so I must  disagree....anyone that believes they can live safely in todays society without knowing how to use deadly force ....is living in a Fairy Tale World.....sorry but with I have been through and seen. with my own eyes....this is my honest feeling on the subject
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »
Mike, I'm the same way. I have been in a couple tight spots before. One time, I was armed but able to pull into a police station and get the police to stop the guy who had been chasing me in his car. There are nuts out there and if it was not for the police being right there, I doubt it would have ended well.

I think I would rather have it on my person and never need it than be without out it and in desperate need of one.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »
You said a Mouthful in that last Statement David....and it's all True...just look at the Crime rate Drops in all States that have Concealed carry Laws...way down...no Wanna-Be Gangsta is going to try something not knowing if or what You are packing.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 12:14:36 am »
  ;D

Offline Brock

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 01:04:51 am »
for carry......Sig P220 in winter, Sig P239 in Summer and in vehicle.  Out in field usually Ruger SBH ..usually my .45 Bisley Hunter in side holster.

Offline bucksbuoy

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 07:04:51 pm »
Buck Solo 2 and a half inch pen knife. hahaha
Its only wood