Author Topic: What do you carry?  (Read 15263 times)

Offline cracker

What do you carry?
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:45:01 pm »
I was just looking at the thread where the fellow was looking for a carry gun for his girlfriend and I got to thinking that it would be interesting to know what you carry. Personally I carry a Ruger P95DC on average a Beretta tomcat 32 in town and I keep a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan 44 mag. in my vehicle. What do you carry?
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Cacatch

Re: What do you carry?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:28 pm »
Good thread idea. I've been thinking here lately of getting my CWP and purchasing a handgun but am not sure what to get for myself. I was thinking about a Berretta 9mm.

CP

JustinNC

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
Used to carry a Glock 27....now carry...very recently....a Ruger SR9c

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »
I carry a $5 jack knife  ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:59:16 pm »
I carry myself respectfully. So far, after over 60 years, that's all I have ever needed!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 04:05:01 pm »
And so do I Pat. I've never had to use my gun or even draw it but the cold fact is that in our society the possivbility of needing personal protection is greater every day.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 04:12:20 pm »
I like guns but my wife does not. I grew up around them though. My home security is my 40# hickory bow connected to a 275# heavily tattooed hillbilly in his underwear. That will scare off any intruder! ;D
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

JustinNC

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 04:15:51 pm »
I carry myself respectfully. So far, after over 60 years, that's all I have ever needed!  ;)

Worked in Transylvania County too much to not carry lol.....

In all seriousness that is what prompted me. I dont ALWAYS carry, and havent for a while, just depends on where I'm at or going.

Came across too many old "agricultural" fields in them rhodo-hell thickets out near Round Mountain in Transylvania county when I was doing wetland/stream delineations.

Hope like the devil that the only thing I ever point it at is paper or cans....I did have to dispatch a coon once, near a crowded school bus stop, that was extremely thin and sickly looking, aimlessly wandering and stumbling, and not scared of anything. Probably distempor, but there had been 2 cases of rabies within a mile of that community that summer.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 04:18:00 pm »
Never go anywhere I would need to carry.  ;)

Keep a slug filled 20 ga for home. The way I shoot a bow, I would be in trouble using that for protection.  ;D

Bevan
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline sonny

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 04:36:32 pm »
I keep my dad's Ruger SP101 in the console of my truck, with high hopes that I'll never have to use it
but with the security that it's there if I ever need it...........

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline NTD

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 04:56:18 pm »
Never go anywhere I would need to carry.  ;)

Keep a slug filled 20 ga for home. The way I shoot a bow, I would be in trouble using that for protection.  ;D

Bevan

Bevan,
That's a very naive mindset.  Not trying to rag on you my friend but it's true.  Hundreds of people went to a Safeway Grocery store the morning of January 8th in my town this year probably thinking the same thing you are.  But 6 people were killed and 13 injured.  I wish I could have been there, maybe I could have done something.  The one armed person in the vicinity was inside the store and didn't make it out until the shooter had already emptied his magazine.  While it's not healthy to be paranoid and think everyone is a threat it's also dangerous to think that it could never happen.  A bit cliched but true,  I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  I couldn't live with myself if I was ever in the situation that happened on January 8th and I wasn't armed.

That being said, I agree with what Jamie said on the other thread, If you aren't willing or capable of using a firearm then you shouldn't carry. 
Nate Danforth

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 05:11:42 pm »
NTD, don't think you are trying to rag on me. I know that there are bad thing/people out there and that things like you describe happen. I guess I just try to believe it won't happen around me. Saw enough of that kind of thing in the military.

Bevan
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »
Whippen stick--------- 63#@28" :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »
A Taurus 44 mag. revolver with the 8 3/8" barrel resides in my car.  I hope I never have to use it.  If I do, maybe just the sight of that hand cannon will be enough.

It's also a mighty fine deer killin' gun ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 06:55:29 pm »
I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 in a IWB holster.  It is a pretty good gun with no FTE or FTF's after around 300 rounds. Easier to carry concealed than my bigger guns too and VERY accurate for it's size.  Hardly any felt recoil either.  I am so far impressed with the quality of this gun. I got it for Christmas.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln