Author Topic: Snake Skinning day  (Read 39239 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Snake Skinning day
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »
Stickbender, I enjoyed reading all about the military history.  I guess you can tell I love history.  I love most subjects actually… I have a passion for learning.  Unfortunately, our military was not ready at all for WW11 and German made weapons were far superior.. El Capitan was a funny character that got picked on my Zoro.. When I was a kid I wanted to be Zoro too…  Well the name is an interested story.. Since our last name is Rivera and I love art and we can trace our lineage back to the great Mexican painter, Diego Rivera.  That’s part of it and I just love the name.  I was not very common at all until Dora the Explorer and Ice Age ruined it for the uniqueness and kids started being named Diego… but none are Diego Rivera!!!!  Unfortunately, that is not the end of the story… The rest of the story is that his parents could not compromise on his name, so his entire name is, Elijah Cipriano Diego Rivera
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2011, 05:09:15 am »

Oh, is he going to cuss you when he has to write his full name on checks, and documents.  Really really, small writing.... ::) ;D
When I was in the Military, I had some Puerto Rican, and Mexican Friends that multiple names also. Something to do with various names of Family members being added. Good thing Texans didn't adopt that habit.  Hey, looky thar, it's Ol Billy Bob, Joseph, Michael, David, Houston...... ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2011, 02:50:33 pm »
Oh I know!!! I know.. When I was a kid I totally disliked my name, no one could ever spell it or pronounce it...

I've been laughing out loud randomly about about good what it would sound like if texans did that... 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 03:07:23 am »
What my bride shared with me.. Fits me.. Proverbs 12 This verse reminds me your snake roadkill hobby---    Lazy people don’t even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find.  O:)

Offline criveraville

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2011, 03:02:43 pm »
Got my first snakes of the year ready.  A big chicken snake, a 30 inch cooperhead and 3 big water snakes :o :o :o

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
Did you turn those around or do you dry them flesh side down??  I've always dried them flesh side up.  Anyway, you clearly are a snake magnet.  I hope when we get to the lease you lure out a couple rattlers to adorn my trade bow... ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Markus

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »
Holy Schmackers that is a lot of snakeskins, are you not afraid you might have a live one  you`ve missed among the frozen ones? The Copperhead is that a very poisonous species? Here in Norway we have three species of snakes and they are all protected. One of them is mildly poisonous, but you should see a doc if bitten.I is rather seldom to see any of them.  Markus.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 08:08:47 pm »
Nope George.  They are flesh side up or out...   lol.... yea.. me too.  I know that area has lots of rattlers in it.. I sure can give it a try  ;D

Markus, it is a lot of skins ::) Nope, they are all usually dead when I get them and I cut the head off before I begin to skin them.  The Cooperhead is very poisonous, but thank God I have not had a problem.. We have lots and lots of different types of snakes here in Texas..

My wife's family is from Norway. Here Grandfather was full Norwegian and his last name was Grimland. 

Offline criveraville

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2011, 01:57:04 pm »
Number 5

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:42 pm »
I'm tellin ya....snake magnet. :o

G
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 06:05:56 pm »

Cipriano, is that last picture a coach whip?  We have them down here, but the last one I saw, was when I was about ten years old.  I remember them as being a Little lighter in color, but pretty much the same as the one in the picture you have there.

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2011, 06:27:01 pm »
I think I am George.. Stickbender it is.  It is long.  About 6 ft long.  It looks like a milky cream color when the skin dries out.  Pretty pattern too if the bow is painted a bright color and helps the pattern come out.  Only the 3 rd one I have come across. 

Offline criveraville

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »
number 6 

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 02:38:21 pm »
dang...you are a "no-legged magnet" for sure!  What is the last one skinned on the board?
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline criveraville

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »
 ;D I think it's a coach whip